Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

New B! Wear Cap

I have a Famous Apple from probably the 1920s winging its way to me. The problem is that it is moth hole ridden but the style is perfect. Perhaps I might convince someone to make some copies of the style. Anyone interested?
I'll have some pictures when I actually receive the original.

Regards to all,

J

TOM BLAINE

New in Town
Hi Daniel
I just got a green cap from B! wear and I love it, but, I like yours better. I should have gotten a tweed like yours.
regards,
Tom

simmo

Familiar Face
Does anyone know if B!wear is taking a break over the holidays as i 'm trying to order one of his fine hats but need to know what the shipping costs are to the UK .Have tried emailing him but no reply as of yet.

MattC

A-List Customer
Is B Wear the best

Dangerous question, I know. I'm mostly a fedora guy, but my partner looks great in caps. It would be great to get some feedback on people's experience with different sellers. Thanks.

SHARPETOYS

Call Me a Cab
Server was down

simmo said:
Does anyone know if B!wear is taking a break over the holidays as i 'm trying to order one of his fine hats but need to know what the shipping costs are to the UK .Have tried emailing him but no reply as of yet.

I just got a email from Brett and he said he had server problems. I would just send your question again.

Mr. 'H'

Call Me a Cab
simmo said:

This is what Brett wrote to me when I was oredering three caps. The service was second to none I must say.

The folks at the Lounge have been very good to me. If you wish to have the caps shipped uninsured the cost is $12.50 for 2, $15.50 for 3, but you assume the risk if they are lost ( that hasn't happened yet). If you wish
to insure them the cost is $22 for 2, $25 for 3. Both are of course airmail.

This was for shipping to Dublin, so the UK should be the same.

simmo

Familiar Face
Hey Sharpetoys.I've still not heard from Brett.Do you know if he's sorted his server problems out yet ? Dont want to keep sending the guy endless emails in case he's a little busy but dont know if the emails are getting through.
Cheers.

simmo

Familiar Face
Cheers Sharpey.Cant understand why the emails aren't coming through as i have no spam blockers and seem to get emails from other people.Just in the process of ordering.Like the look of the Danieljones cap in first post but cant see a mention of the brown small tweed on B!Wears site. Would this be the brown small herringbone anyone ??

DanielJones

I'll Lock Up
Simmo: The Brown small herringbone #6 is the one that I had ordered. Love how it wears and feels on a cool day. I think the come standard with a suede sweatband, so if you want the smooth leather you might want to specify it with Bret.
http://mariposa.yosemite.net/bwear/form.html

Thank you all for your kind comments. I think that for the summer I'm going to get the Cream Linen #15. Should be a nice summer cap.

Cheers!

Dan

simmo

Familiar Face
Cheers daniel. Have ordered the no.6.I didn't mention the leather in my order so bit late now. Is it better to go for the leather or stick with the suede ?

DanielJones

I'll Lock Up
The suede is just fine. It will soak up more of your body oils though, so you'll have to keep it brushed a little more often so it doesn't lose its knap. I think Bret will change it if you e-mail him, even if the order is in, as long as he hasn't shipped it yet. My next order will have the smooth leather though like most of my fedoras. Personal preference I suppose.

Cheers!

Dan

Fu Manchu

One of the Regulars
Linen B! Wear

The season's changing here in the far east and I'm thinking about buying a linen B! Wear cap. Does anyone have pictures/thoughts about his linen caps?

Fu Manchu

K.D. Lightner

Call Me a Cab
I have several of Brett's linen caps, they are wonderful -- You can wear them in three of the four seasons, or on a milder winter day. They look and drape well. They are so light, I sometimes forget they are on my head!

Recently got the tartan red, which I wore during the holidays. My mother likes my caps so well, she has managed to commandeer one away from me, a blue corduroy. But not my linens.

I have a couple of linen caps I got from Ebay sellers and I can definitely say, no contest! Brett is the best!

karol

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy