Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

New book claims Hitler and Eva Braun fled Berlin and died (divorced) of old age in Ar

Smithy

I'll Lock Up
Hello! A few things....I own two businesses, and have a wonderful Wife that is normally right around me when I post. We have 2 PC units at home, one for business applications, one for doing things like being on the Lounge, six cell phones to keep in contact with the business end of things and I am very articulate about delegating what needs to be done daily to those that work for me. I have a great life, and love it!

Well good for you, always nice to have an understanding better half ;)

Mine would throw an epic wobbly if I was on the computer 24/7 but I suppose each to their own. I'm still stumped by how someone can post over 30 times a day without a lot of fluff and waffle but if it bakes your biscuit fair play to you :D

LoveMyHats2

I’ll Lock Up.
Well good for you, always nice to have an understanding better half ;)

Mine would throw an epic wobbly if I was on the computer 24/7 but I suppose each to their own. I'm still stumped by how someone can post over 30 times a day without a lot of fluff and waffle but if it bakes your biscuit fair play to you :D
Thanks, there are times when I have things to do, as anyone does in life that will head me out the door.

I am really very blessed and know it, have made some really good choices in life in both my personal and business life. There are some top notch people I have working for me, they make sure things are being done up to what standards I would wish them to, and I am able to share most of my free time with my lovely Wife. Now my Wife is more than just a good looking gal, she is one of the most educated woman I have ever met. Her ability in making decisions business wise, also helps a ton! We are a good team, so to speak!

I note you are from Melbourne! I have only been in your neck of the woods one time, that would have been in the year, 1979! Has it changed much since then? You know, business and housing growth?

TidiousTed

Practically Family
Hello! A few things....I own two businesses, and have a wonderful Wife that is normally right around me when I post. We have 2 PC units at home, one for business applications, one for doing things like being on the Lounge, six cell phones to keep in contact with the business end of things and I am very articulate about delegating what needs to be done daily to those that work for me. I have a great life, and love it!

At home it is my job to make breakfast, my girlfriend needs more sleep than me, The first thing I do when I come into the kitchen in the morning is to turn on the water boiler for my first cup of tea, then I turn on the kitchen laptop. Then I check site stats, both my own and customers, then news and then the different forums I follow while I enjoy the tea. After Breakfast and a walk with the dogs I'm on one computer or other more or less till it's time to make dinner.
In the evening we both have laptops open and check on our interest now and then till it's time to go to bed.
Computers have been what I do my work on since I bought my first production unit in 1987 and internet has been part of that work since 1998 so dropping by Fedora Lounge and other forums and sites checking threads and posts during the day comes quite natural.

LoveMyHats2

I’ll Lock Up.
At home it is my job to make breakfast, my girlfriend needs more sleep than me, The first thing I do when I come into the kitchen in the morning is to turn on the water boiler for my first cup of tea, then I turn on the kitchen laptop. Then I check site stats, both my own and customers, then news and then the different forums I follow while I enjoy the tea. After Breakfast and a walk with the dogs I'm on one computer or other more or less till it's time to make dinner.
In the evening we both have laptops open and check on our interest now and then till it's time to go to bed.
Computers have been what I do my work on since I bought my first production unit in 1987 and internet has been part of that work since 1998 so dropping by Fedora Lounge and other forums and sites checking threads and posts during the day comes quite natural.

You have me interested in knowing what do you design for the internet use? Are you making websites or programs or service oriented work?

TidiousTed

Practically Family
You have me interested in knowing what do you design for the internet use? Are you making websites or programs or service oriented work?

I make websites mostly, but also advanced PowerPoints and sometimes just illustrations for other web designers. But since selling my studio a few years ago I'm well enough off to spend a lot of time in my woodwork workshop as well ;)
I come from a long line of cabinetmakers, carpenters and housebuilders so I think there is something in my genes that pulls me in there

Some examples here
, here and here

I'm also working on a comic strip project that I hope to get published of which these are two not too nice examples translated to English

11528_strip1.jpg

11528_strip2.jpg

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner