Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

New Buckaroo hat, what band??

Bob Roberts

I'll Lock Up
I agree with the opinions that on a beautiful, tall hat like yours a wider band seems to go better. Tall crown just strikes me as a bigger canvas for a band that's got some size and swagger to it. A narrow band or ribbon just seems to get lost against that expanse of fur-felt!

I kinda liked the turquoise band. Or maybe a wide horsehair but with some more color and contrast to it than the one shown.

As others have suggested, when in doubt why not get two (or more)? :)

Your right abt the wider braided horse hair. That tall crown could def carry it.

jhl1963

Familiar Face
Thanks everyone - as suggested I ordered s selection of bands from Mr. Moore! I didn't realize they wee that easy to swap out.

Inusuit

A-List Customer
It's a nice hat with some decent options for bands, but I wouldn't call it a buckaroo hat. See this link for buckaroo styles, which tend to have relatively flat brims with low crowns. http://yourhat.com/1gallery.html I'm no expert, but I'd call your hat more of a rancher or maybe a bulldogger style.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy