Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

new car, bit expensive

Shaul-Ike Cohen

One Too Many
Anyway, I still like the Morgans better. Even the newer ones are really nice - they still look Golden-Eraish, only like in futuristic Golden Era comic strips.

But IIRC, the waiting period is very long. Gosh, in that time I could finally do my drivers licence. :D

Tony in Tarzana

My Mail is Forwarded Here
anon` said:
Strangely evocative of the XK120. Isn't it a wee bit heavy, though?

They all are, these days. I think the designers in recent years have decided that chassis rigidity is more important than light weight when it comes to handling. They may be right, I dunno. I still can't get my head around a 2900 pound "Mini." :eek: :D

Shaul-Ike Cohen

One Too Many
Tony in Tarzana said:
I still can't get my head around a 2900 pound "Mini." :eek: :D

Try to find one of these GDR cars. They say they don't rust - because they were made of plastic... Then again, if you fill 'er up, the weight might easily double. Like the value.

anon`

One Too Many
Tony in Tarzana said:
They all are, these days. I think the designers in recent years have decided that chassis rigidity is more important than light weight when it comes to handling. They may be right, I dunno. I still can't get my head around a 2900 pound "Mini." :eek: :D
This is true. I understand heavy cars, and is one of the things I love about classic iron (my mom has a great story about one of those '70s-era VW-built Porsches t-boning a Tri-Five Chevy in an intersection: barely a dent on the Chevy, whilst the engine fell out of the Porsche), but for the world of sporty cars... I'm very much a fan of Mr Chapman's design philosophy, which I suppose would result in the engine falling out if I ever ran into a shoebox, but hey, that's why they're agile, right? :)

Daisy Buchanan

My Mail is Forwarded Here
What a cool looking car. I don't know much about engines and such. I would never buy a car without someone explaining to me the detail of its innards. I know looks aren't everything, but I certainly wouldn't mind a car that looked like this one! It's very sharp:) Thanks for the link Shaul!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
direfulzealot