Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

New Custom Vanson Oxford in Octagon

Jejupe

Practically Family
That’s a beautiful jacket and a great fit as usual, you seem to have your measurements dialed in, but just out of curiosity, do you keep track of all the new jackets or have you already lost count? [emoji14]

I remeber those that I’m waiting for and those that have recently arrived. Sometimes I forget what I already have sitting in the closet! [emoji3]

I would really need to thin the heard as I have quite a few jackets that I never wear. I just dislike selling on ebay and these jackets are just little bit too expensive to donate for charity, which is what I usually do with clothes that I don’t wear anymore.

I remeber those that I’m waiting for and those that have recently arrived. Sometimes I forget what I already have sitting in the closet! [emoji3]

I would really need to thin the heard as I have quite a few jackets that I never wear. I just dislike selling on ebay and these jackets are just little bit too expensive to donate for charity, which is what I usually do with clothes that I don’t wear anymore.

Sell them here. I am sure there are a few gents champing at the bit for some of the jackets in your collection.

Jejupe

Practically Family
Sell them here. I am sure there are a few gents champing at the bit for some of the jackets in your collection.

I will probably try that. I suppose there must be some members other than me here who wear size 46-50.

Jejupe

Practically Family
I could probably squeeze into one also... whatya got

I try not to turn this thread in to classifieds, but here's a short list. Hit me with pm if anything interests and I'll take some photos, measurements and think up a price (in average I will be asking 50% of what I paid for the jacket + postage). I am a non-smoker and I have a small dog, if these issues are concern to somebody.

Aeros:

- Aero Highwayman size 48 brown cmx fqhh ( https://www.thefedoralounge.com/threads/for-sale-aero-highwayman-brown-fqhh-size-48.94580/ ) (bought new, worn few times)
- Aero Zip sleeve Highwayman size 48 black jerky hh (bougth used, quite beat up, i.e. has nice patina ;))

Vansons:

- Vanson Aloha Commando size XL (fits like 48) ( https://www.butterscotchlb.com/coll...nson-aloha-commando-2-0?variant=7692844892196 ) (bought new, worn few times)
- Vanson Model B size 48 black comp weight (bought new, worn few times)

Schotts:

- Schott navy wool peacoat 740N size 46L (bought new, worn few times)
- Schott A2 Brown waxed cowhide size XXL ( https://www.schottnyc.com/products/a2-leather-flight-jacket.htm?color=2 ) (bought new, worn few times)

Other:

- Matchless Osborne Green ventilated cowhide size 3XL, (fits like 46-48) ( https://www.stuartslondon.com/matchless-osborne-vent-classic-green-leather-jacket-113124-p29050 ) (bought new, worn few times)

jimmer_5

Practically Family
Awesome. Yes, it is definitely more like mine than I thought. Less orange than the older stuff. I much prefer this version. Great jacket.

I was actually little worried that this jacket would turn out too orange based on some photos I googled.

This current batch Octagon looks very nice to me, but the color is very hard to describe. It has elements of russet / cordovan / oxblood in it depending on light.

Yeah, the colour is hard to pin down. I'm running with its a rich russet.

If you do happen to stumble across footwear that matches be sure to flag it up pls

The Octagon color varies a lot from batch to batch. I had a really orangey/grainy Octagon jacket a few years back, and now I have one that is darker and more uniform, much like yours. Great jacket by the way - it looks fantastic.

Jejupe

Practically Family
You have to keep the Commando-- that thing will break in like a dream.

No it won’t if I don’t wear it... :confused:

I feel little bit insecure about wearing it after my wife commented it as ”awful” and ”gay”! :)

No it won’t if I don’t wear it... :confused:

I feel little bit insecure about wearing it after my wife commented it as ”awful” and ”gay”! :)

Ha, I get it but mine is one of my favorite jackets. The Octagon breaks-in in a similar manner so maybe you can change her mind.

I can say that one of the reasons I enjoy receiving new jackets is to see my wife's physical and verbal responses. Some would make a sailor blush.

Jejupe

Practically Family
Ha, I get it but mine is one of my favorite jackets. The Octagon breaks-in in a similar manner so maybe you can change her mind.

I can say that one of the reasons I enjoy receiving new jackets is to see my wife's physical and verbal responses. Some would make a sailor blush.

My wifes responses have so far extended from ”Awful and gay” all the way to ”I guess that one is ok”.

Good thing about 19 year relationship is that she feels free to give her honest opinion, and I feel free to ignore it. :D

Yes. I'll never forget my wife labeling me as "pervert cop" when I wore my j106.
9GrseAR.gif

"Wannabe terminator" is one of my favorite wife labels. She then added that I am too short to be Arnold anyways so why try to even look like him. She knows how to cut deep man lol.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy