Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

New Custom Vanson Oxford in Octagon

Jejupe

Practically Family
Yes, yes, I know, its me again with a new jacket... I put the order in sometime in spring and today I picked it up from post office: my custom Oxford.

Oxford is Vanson’s model B with shirt collar. I asked for following modifications:

- Octagon leather
- red rayon lining
- nickel hardware
- outside chest pocket removed
- sleeve zips moved to the side of the sleeves
- two way main zip
- bell pulls for handwarmer zips (standard is Vanson chain and ring which I don’t prefer)

I am very pleased with the outcome! I must thank Carrie (Thurston bros) for her patience and professionalism. I wasn’t probably the easiest customer as I changed my mind quite often until the order took its final form.

Here’s some pics:

7074d9f249bdb252f0a2f8a1271a1005.jpg

2df36ddedbb2a9ee413a111f088d66f2.jpg

dc558f2a097d3c37124f356f13f277d5.jpg

a246fc3608e6af840a300817ed9b64dd.jpg

Beautiful jacket and fit looks spot on. This Octagon looks less like the Oxblood color than my Octagon jacket. Would you post some pics in different lighting? Curious to see what this batch looks like. I love me all things Octagon.

Great effin jacket man.

Jejupe

Practically Family
Beautiful jacket and fit looks spot on. This Octagon looks less like the Oxblood color than my Octagon jacket. Would you post some pics in different lighting? Curious to see what this batch looks like. I love me all things Octagon.

Great effin jacket man.
Thanks!

I’ll get some photos in daylight tomorrow. Its really hard colour to capture in photos.

marmalademan

Banned
I got a comet in that octagon and am super pleased with this hide. Granted, it does require break in which I wasn't counting on but the colour is just the best shade of russet, really a lovely surprise

Jejupe

Practically Family
Nicely done! Kind of reminds me of their Enfield, but a better fit. Love that Octagon!

I love the fit of model b / oxford. That’s why I decided to go custom instead of having standard octagon enfield. Also, Vansons pricing is strange, this custom Oxford turned out to be almost exactly the same price as standard oct enfield is.

Awesome. Yes, it is definitely more like mine than I thought. Less orange than the older stuff. I much prefer this version. Great jacket.

Jejupe

Practically Family
I got a comet in that octagon and am super pleased with this hide. Granted, it does require break in which I wasn't counting on but the colour is just the best shade of russet, really a lovely surprise

Yes, it definately needs braking in, but at least my jacket is/was comfortable and easy to wear from start. Nothing like Aero cxl fqhh for example. Also I would say that octacon doesn’t feel as stiff as its sister, Vanson’s X150 which is basically the same hide in black color.

Jejupe

Practically Family
Awesome. Yes, it is definitely more like mine than I thought. Less orange than the older stuff. I much prefer this version. Great jacket.

I was actually little worried that this jacket would turn out too orange based on some photos I googled.

This current batch Octagon looks very nice to me, but the color is very hard to describe. It has elements of russet / cordovan / oxblood in it depending on light.

Fonzie

One Too Many
That’s a beautiful jacket and a great fit as usual, you seem to have your measurements dialed in, but just out of curiosity, do you keep track of all the new jackets or have you already lost count? :p

marmalademan

Banned
Yeah, the colour is hard to pin down. I'm running with its a rich russet.

If you do happen to stumble across footwear that matches be sure to flag it up pls

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Truthhurts21