Custom Vanson — any insight?

Discussion in 'Outerwear' started by mjunderw00d, Apr 22, 2021.

1. mjunderw00d

mjunderw00d New in Town

Apologies if this info is floating around, but an initial search didn’t uncover anything obvious.

I’m between sizes on the Vanson Commando (LeftField and ButterScotch Tri-lab) and am toying with the idea of having modifications made to the fit (on a new jacket order, by Vanson during the production process).

I’ve seen mentions of custom modifications. I’m curious to hear how that process went: how much extra cost did it incur, was it a blanket cost or did they charge per mod (I.E. X price to update sleeve length, another X to tweak the chest width).

I’ve emailed Vanson, but no response yet. In the meantime, I figured there was a wealth of insight here to be mined :)

Thanks!

Last edited: Apr 22, 2021
  2. TooManyHatsOnlyOneHead

TooManyHatsOnlyOneHead Practically Family

edited. totally misread the question.

Last edited: Apr 22, 2021
  3. mjunderw00d

mjunderw00d New in Town

Oh I’m talking about having Vanson modify the fit on a brand new order, not a tailor altering an existing jacket.

4. TooManyHatsOnlyOneHead

TooManyHatsOnlyOneHead Practically Family

ah yeah, that's good. I think Vanson charges $100 or $150 for a pattern change if I'm not mistaken. A few people on here have had good experience with that. Hopefully they chime in. Not sure what the wait times are at Vanson these days though.

mjunderw00d likes this.
  5. Oversidor

Oversidor New in Town

I would bet that wait times are really long today. I feel like it is worth it though.

mjunderw00d likes this.
  6. mjunderw00d

mjunderw00d New in Town

I’m ok with a wait, this jacket is so good. I’ll hold out and pay up for it to fit me right.

7. mjunderw00d

mjunderw00d New in Town

That price seems totally reasonable for a pattern change, which is likely what I’ll go for. Such a sweet jacket. I’m tall and skinny, so the reality is that off the rack is just not gonna do the job effectively for me.