Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Ordering a custom Areo cafe racer

phario

New in Town
Hi! I was interested in going through Aero in the UK and read your experience with interest.

Can others chime in with whether the UK Aero people are also as tuned in with recommendations and the fitting process as with Thurston in the US?

I was also interested in how you were sent a fitting jacket. Is this does with Aero?

MrProper

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Hi! I was interested in going through Aero in the UK and read your experience with interest.

Can others chime in with whether the UK Aero people are also as tuned in with recommendations and the fitting process as with Thurston in the US?

I was also interested in how you were sent a fitting jacket. Is this does with Aero?
They are definitely open-minded at Aero. Nevertheless, it is enormously helpful if you know your preverted jacket measurements and can compare them with the recommendations.
Ultimately, at Aero, you choose a standard size that comes closest to your measurements from the shoulders and P2P and then fine tune it. Length, taper, widen, etc. then works with the non-military models.
Fit jackets do not exist. But you can of course buy a stock jacket and see how it fits you. As far as I know, Thurston doesn't do it any other way.

bvbellomo2

New in Town
Thurston sends you a stock jacket they believe is closest to your size, that's what I referred to as my fitting jacket. The upper on my fitting jacket and finished jacket are the same size. Biggest differences between photos are holiday weight gain, leather and break in.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RacerJ