Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

New! ELMC Jacket Highway Star®️ Horsehide

Do you like this italian style collar?

• Total voters

Marc mndt

I'll Lock Up
I've never seen a picture of somebody owning one ever....
I did a thorough internet search looking for photos of people wearing the jacket. Apart from ELMC's own look book pics and some pics of the Paris shopowner (I tried the jacket at T-Bird in Paris) wearing the jacket, I could only find these two pics of a guy wearing the jacket.
82270DB6-9112-4351-AE1E-7FB8C64371A3.jpeg

874932C7-7D2E-484C-8D62-16F73D7B2E2C.jpeg

Same story, huge overhang.

I wonder why Eastman decided to go for a completely different fit as compared to their other ELMC branded jackets. Doesn't make (business) sense.

Carlos840

I'll Lock Up
I did a thorough internet search looking for photos of people wearing the jacket. Apart from ELMC's own look book pics and some pics of the Paris shopowner (I tried the jacket at T-Bird in Paris) wearing the jacket, I could only find these two pics of a guy wearing the jacket.
View attachment 298598
View attachment 298599

Same story, huge overhang.

I wonder why Eastman decided to go for a completely different fit as compared to their other ELMC branded jackets. Doesn't make (business) sense.

IMO even the website pic is taken in a way that is trying to disguise that issue.
Both his hands are next to his hips trying to hide the overhang, You can see behind his left hand that he probably has three inches of room in the bottom hem.
I think that shot straight on with his arms by his sides this must look like crap...

Ut8HjpQ.jpg

It's a shame, i would love to have that jacket, IMO their best ELMC model, but such a weird fit.
When i discussed the huge bottom hem with Gary he didn't seem to have a problem with it, he just kept telling me i looked great in it...

Tom71

Call Me a Cab
I'm in Paris for the weekend, trying on the Highway Star. I've already made up my mind but I wonder what you guys think of the fit. This is a size 42, wearing a thin sweater underneath. View attachment 246573 View attachment 246574 View attachment 246575

Marc, I consider these to be the only "in the wild" pictures I have seen, and I believe the jacket looks super on you!

I totally see your point re "overhang" and I do follow your attitude to what constitute a proper fit for you (one only needs to look at your FL...). For me though, this size 42 looks like the quintessential "Rock ´n Roll" fit.

This has re-sparked my interest in this jacket. Fingers x-ssed I can get over 2021 without ever actually being able to try one in my size...

Angel

One of the Regulars
I definetly would buy it and I think it would work for me. I also found one in my size but the seller just does not answer my messages :(
I will post pictures if I manage to buy it, but might just not happen. So keep your fingers crossed for me.

Robbie79

Call Me a Cab
Marc, I consider these to be the only "in the wild" pictures I have seen, and I believe the jacket looks super on you!

I totally see your point re "overhang" and I do follow your attitude to what constitute a proper fit for you (one only needs to look at your FL...). For me though, this size 42 looks like the quintessential "Rock ´n Roll" fit.

This has re-sparked my interest in this jacket. Fingers x-ssed I can get over 2021 without ever actually being able to try one in my size...
@Marc mndt I do also see the overhang "issue" but to be honest with you this wouldn't bother me at all if I was you as the fit is "Rock ´n Roll" as already stated by @Tom71 When looking at your backside I don't really see this "issue", at least not from this angle, perhaps only from the fronside but IMO it still looks good. I wished all of my jackets would fit me that well! I was close to buy one on "Ebay Kleinanzeigen" Germany for 800€ in size 40 in December but then found the Engelbert Vanek for 250€.

Marc mndt

I'll Lock Up

Be aware. Once you've seen/touched the leather, you're sold. One of the best leather's I've had in hands.

I'm positive this jacket will look great on you. I'm just whining because I really want this jacket to fit but I don't have the hips to make it work :)

Last edited:

Marc mndt

I'll Lock Up
@Marc mndt I do also see the overhang "issue" but to be honest with you this wouldn't bother me at all if I was you as the fit is "Rock ´n Roll" as already stated by @Tom71 When looking at your backside I don't really see this "issue", at least not from this angle, perhaps only from the fronside but IMO it still looks good. I wished all of my jackets would fit me that well! I was close to buy one on "Ebay Kleinanzeigen" Germany for 800€ in size 40 in December but then found the Engelbert Vanek for 250€.
I've seen it there too and it has been there for ages. Why not offer the guy €600 and call yourself the very first TFL Highway Star owner :)

Angel

One of the Regulars
You already know my reply. This one is not new so you're good. But I think @Angel already beat you to it.

@Angel we expect a full review :)
I would if I could! I'm trying since November. Maybe somebody else should buy it, try it, not like it and sell it to me in a month or so for 600.

Last edited:

AeroFan_07

I'll Lock Up
Be aware. Once you've seen/touched the leather, you're sold. One of the best leather's I've had in hands.

^^ this is what I am afraid of with this jacket. It looks exceptionally nice and probably would be awesome to witness in hand. The details, the Western V-yoke, pockets, zippers, zip sleeves and even the collar are all nice. It has an edge but is not "edgy" if that makes sense. Is it made of Shinki Horsehide?

To me, as I look again at these photos, this looks like a "sweatshirt jacket." Meaning it looks best worn over a Hoodie sweatshirt. So it hides the fact that the bottom hem does not really "hem in" what so ever. It's a sharp jacket for sure, but for not being able to try one on, and having to plunk down USD $1500 + to even get one here, it's not going to happen for me anytime soon. Plus Marc's notes about being short of cut. It's not obvious on the two "wild" photos we seem to have, but I would need at least a 25" back length.

Marc mndt

I'll Lock Up
Is it made of Shinki Horsehide?
Their website says its made of Italian horsehide.

Although being Italian, it definitely has a couple of Shinki characteristics. It's buttery soft and I don't think it requires any break in. It also shows beautiful grain.
But it certainly doesn't smell like Shinki and it also has a more waxy feel to it.

Robbie79

Call Me a Cab
I would if I could! I'm trying since November. Maybe somebody else should by it, try it, not like it and sell it to me in a month or so for 600.
@Angel I chatted with the owner of the jacket (Daniel) middle of December via WhatsApp and he told me that he's not willing to go down from 800€ and if he doesn't sell it he will post it on Eastman Classifieds in January.

willyto

One Too Many
I saw a 38 size for 500-600€ and I passed because of the flare in the waist mentioned here a while ago.

This one https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Eastman-...712156?hash=item3b5269701c:g:q-MAAOSwkTxfchdq

Maybe I shouldn't have passed though.

Measurements - (Inches / Centimetres)

Across the shoulders - 16 / 40.5

Pit to Pit - 20 / 50.5

Waist - 19 / 48.5

Neck to Hem - 23 3/8 / 59

Shoulder to Cuff - 25 / 63

Would be nice to know the Hem measurement because the jacket goes from 20" tappers to 19" at the waist and then the Hem ??

It has very narrow shoulders though.

Last edited:

Marc mndt

I'll Lock Up
I saw a 38 size for 500-600€ and I passed because of the flare in the waist mentioned here a while ago.

This one https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Eastman-...712156?hash=item3b5269701c:g:q-MAAOSwkTxfchdq

Maybe I shouldn't have passed though.

Would be nice to know the Hem measurement because the jacket goes from 20" tappers to 19" at the waist and then the Hem ??

It has very narrow shoulders though.

Before I tried the jacket I thought the narrow shoulder would be a problem, but to my surprise it wasn't. Shoulder width is generally the most forgiving measurement imo.

I asked Eastman about measurements (including bottom hem width). They sent me all measurements except bottom hem width :)
Turned out size 42 has a 52.5 cm bottom hem width. (my FL has a 49.5 cm bottom hem width, which is the sweet spot for me)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner