Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

New gal saying hello

betty_cherry

New in Town
Hey ladies,

I'm new around here and just wanted to say hey to you all. I found this site through another message board called punkrockdomestics - there are a surprising amount of vintage loving ladies over there. My fascination with all things vintage started off with the 50s and Bettie Page - she really opened my eyes to looking sexy in a curvy, womanly way. Since then, I have really started to get into the 40s too. I love the 40s hairstyles and makeup and the glamour.

I very recently got engaged and was wondering if any of you have had or been to a vintage inspired wedding? Any tips or ideas to make mine extra special?

xx

Lauren

Distinguished Service Award
Hi Betty!

What period are you thinking of for your wedding? I have the "Vintage Weddings" books and can write out some of the tips for you if you want :) Congrats on the engagement!

TheRetropolitan

New in Town
What would a 1930s vintage wedding be like? I'm not in front of the judge just yet, but maybe in a year or two... I'm trying to convince the Lady Retropolitan to go retro.

betty_cherry

New in Town
Hello :)

I am thinking 40s or 50s feel for the dress. I wanted to maybe get one made based on a hollywood classic. Anyone got a fave dress from the 40s/50s movies?

Caledonia

Practically Family
Hi Betty. I'm new here too. Congratulations, exciting times! I have a few gorgeous pattern images from the 40s and 50s that I could post if I can work out how. Will get back to you on that one as soon as I can.

And Hi to all the Powder Room ladies. Been lurking for a while, learning loads, and at last plucking up the courage to open the door!

V For Vixen

New in Town
Hi Betty!

Congratulations - hope you have a wonderful day! We had a 40s wedding - so if I can offer any ideas, just drop me a line!

Can I just say hi again also - I did post on another thread about new ladies, but seems only the lovely Etienne spotted me! (Thanks for the lovely welcome Etienne!).

TTFN

Vix
xx

mysterygal

Call Me a Cab
here's some pics I've found from googling...
40s50s.jpg

Caledonia

Practically Family
Trying to get a link to an image for you. If this doesn't work, sorry, and I'll try again. If it does work - 1944

2410120500088586259fvhZYx_th.jpg

betty_cherry

New in Town
Thanks everyone for making me feel so welcome! Here are a few pics of dresses I have seen that I think are fabulous.
marilyn.jpg

marilyn2.jpg

gracekelly.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lindawalters