New Goodwear Prices

Discussion in 'Outerwear' started by Deleted member 16736, Jan 30, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sloan1874

Sloan1874 I'll Lock Up

That did cross my mind. It does kind of give carte blanche to others to throw a few hundred on to their prices, but I suspect there is the danger of looking opportunistic in a way that GW hasn't. As it is, the likes of ELC and Aero must anticipate that some of the custom that GW will lose coming to them, so there's an incentive not to make any sudden changes.

2. 2jakes

2jakes I'll Lock Up

Shame on this person who ever it is...for piling all these orders & putting so much stress on the
    poor fellow !

3. Peter Mackin

Peter Mackin Practically Family

what is going on here?the guy wants too make as much money as possible,,whats the problem if you have a waiting list of 150 or a waiting list of 1150,,it just means you aint gonna run out of work.john doesnt have to work 18hour days if he doesnt want to,this forum shows that some guys will wait for however long it takes for one of his jackets.good luck to the guy ,but you dont honestly think he is upping his prices to cut down his waiting list ,,,cmon he isnt a charity.[huh]

4. aswatland

aswatland My Mail is Forwarded Here

17 pages of posts on a GW price rise is insane. The reasons behind the price rise are simple. To quote John:

5. Peter Mackin

And if people wish to post their views n thoughts on it whats the problem ?

6. aswatland

That's fine if people actually stayed on the GW topic.

Last edited: Feb 3, 2013
  7. Peter Mackin

true,,but its their choice,,thats all im saying

8. majormajor

majormajor One Too Many

It's a forum. Andrew. Folks chat on it. Would you rather they all stayed quiet?

9. aswatland

Chat is fine. Sadly too many stay quiet because topics regularly deviate from the main discussion point.

10. majormajor

majormajor One Too Many

You're going off topic, Andrew:D;)

11. aswatland

True! ;)

12. Aerojoe

Aerojoe Practically Family

:D We could deviate even more because there is another point of view that could be quite interesting. Wife's perspective. :p

Let's say that you are having diner at home. You're about to give a bite to that steak your wife prepared for you, alongside a hearty ration of healthy veggies, like if you were living in the middle of France, and the you drop it. "Honey, I'm going to buy a $1500 brand new jacket and it won't be delivered until 2 years from now". Then what? blankets for the couch are over there? for the next 2 years? :D

13. "With Vickie and Tiffany working with me, I need to make more cash. I have a queue of 150 jackets, which is insanity. That just has to stop. Raising prices should really slow things down".
    ................................................................................................................................

John's statement is dismissed with a frenzy of what some insist must be the real reasons. Matters not that he has no intentions to add more to his workforce or sustain his current work load either. Even those who wouldn't ever commit because of wait time are devastated that they now seem priced out as well. Ignoring JC's reasoning to continually talk around it or over it about why it is so unfair..and might leave more out completely.
    I suppose John could have been more diplomatic. "OK,Boys...I'm going to raise my prices soon(and here's the reason why)..so get your orders in 'now' to bump up my already overloaded workload..so I can shut all orders down for another year or so..while I bust my ass to fill your requests". "Then we'll go to my plan to: REDUCE MY WORKLOAD...OK"??
    I have a strong feeling that there would still be 20 or so pages of disagreement and increasing resentment unless GW would keep prices the same (of course..defeating the whole purpose).
    HD

14. 2jakes

2jakes I'll Lock Up

New GW Prices....is the topic & not the lack of diplomacy or communication.

[​IMG]

my bad....

15. kiltie

kiltie Practically Family

So much entitlement in this thread.
    "Good Wear owes us!"

Fletch, Andrew, HD... fellas: save your breath and your fingers for the more interesting posts y'all are capable of. You're p*ssing in the wind...

16. Fanch

Fanch I'll Lock Up

This entire thread is a :deadhorse and has been since the first couple of posts. :rant:

17. ButteMT61

ButteMT61

Does anyone realize that with John's current backlog, nobody will be paying new prices for over a year? Every single jacket in the queue before the change on the site was sold at the "old" prices.
    He will see no increase in pay for over a year. In the meantime, costs for materials go up. Cost of labor goes up, and people here are bitching about something 85% of you wouldn't order anyway.
    You can order two decent < x maker here > jackets for the price of one GW. Or maybe 2-3 used jackets from Aero, ELC, etc. take your pick. If you order a GW jacket now, you're essentially saving up monthly payments until its ready. Broken down, it's not a big deal for a killer jacket.

18. aswatland

Agreed. Scott's points in the above post are well made and sensible. The mention of Aero should please many here.;)

19. Yep.

Yep.

20. 767fo

767fo One of the Regulars

Well said Scott

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.