Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

New guy and old jacket

MKB

New in Town
Greetings. As someone else on this forum recently said, I'm a longtime listener, but a first time caller. I've never felt the need to post before because, with all of the experts here, I just never felt I had anything to contribute. I have learned a tremendous amount, though, and for that, I'd like to thank everyone here. I love vintage style, although I tend to dress more contemporary. TCM is my favorite TV channel, and my wife loves Art Deco, so I'm somewhat familiar with 30s and 40s style. Now to the point...boasting. Today, I was fortunate enough to have thrifted a mid- to late 70s Schott Perfecto One Star in brown steerhide for $15.00. I'd classify it as being in very good worn condition. It's a size 40, which, unfortunately, is one size too small for me. I bought it with the intention of flipping it, but when I got it home, my wife fell in love with it, so guess who got a new leather jacket today? Soooo, I posted this today, because I knew you guys were among the few who could appreciate it, and, now that the ice has been broken, hopefully I can become a contributing member of this community.

Peacoat

Bartender
Welcome to the FL, and thanks for the introduction.

There are a lot more Perfectos out there, so keep your eyes open. I am looking for one myself. Not that I need another motorcycle jacket, just ordered a new one today, but I am partial to the vintage stuff. The leather jackets tend to gather in and around my closets, just like the peacoats.

Glad you joined us.

johnnyjohnny

Practically Family
welcome...and...

ahh, the bittersweet experience of the found jacket...

i've gotten so many that were a size too small and unfortunately i didn't have a wife to give them to...though i hear wives are good for other things too

but at least with this initial act of sacrifice you have hopefully earned immunity for the future thousands of dollars you will dump into your obsession...and i do not exaggerate when saying 'thousands'

but now, your initiation by fire...as anyone on this forum who has a new jacket must undergo...are you ready?

PiXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

i learned the hard way...

so, welcome to the forum

MKB

New in Town
johnnyjohnny said:
...but now, your initiation by fire...as anyone on this forum who has a new jacket must undergo...are you ready?

PiXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

i learned the hard way...

Thanks, johnny. I know, I know. I'm currently working with a woodburning computer and don't have the ability to post pictures. I'm trying to come up with a workaround that will, hopefully, allow me to post later in the week.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mythic