Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

New Guy on the Block

D.W. Suratt

One of the Regulars
Hello to all, like most of the newbies I've been checking out this forum for about a month before deciding to to join. I'm a deputy sheriff from SC who got into hats when i decided to take a break from the law business for a couple of years to drive a truck. I began picking up hats at (mostly cheap ones) at truck stops in different states. Since I've been browsing this forum I've fell in love with the Akubra hats, and have already ordered the Adventurer from David Morgan, and the Riverina from the Outback Outlet, and I am getting ready to order the Territory. Until now my favorite hat has been my Wrangler Texas Ranger captain hat, that I picked up from the Texas Ranger Hall of Fame and Museum. It's the straw version and is supposed to be hand made in Texas by Master Hatters for Wrangler

RBH

Bartender
Welcome to the Lounge DW !
I love the old movies that had the law officers in great looking fedoras.
I dont know why officers dont have a good fedora instead of the western hat [or campaign hat] as a part of the uniform.
There is nothing worng with the type hats that are out now but a fedora is so classic.

RockBottom

One of the Regulars
D.W. Suratt said:
Hello to all, like most of the newbies I've been checking out this forum for about a month before deciding to to join. I'm a deputy sheriff from SC who got into hats when i decided to take a break from the law business for a couple of years to drive a truck. I began picking up hats at (mostly cheap ones) at truck stops in different states. Since I've been browsing this forum I've fell in love with the Akubra hats, and have already ordered the Adventurer from David Morgan, and the Riverina from the Outback Outlet, and I am getting ready to order the Territory. Until now my favorite hat has been my Wrangler Texas Ranger captain hat, that I picked up from the Texas Ranger Hall of Fame and Museum. It's the straw version and is supposed to be hand made in Texas by Master Hatters for Wrangler

I've also bought the Adventurer and Riverina in the past month. But my favorite is the David Morgan Sydney. (I look less bad with a small brim).

Where in SC? I'm a Myrtle Beach native and USC alum.

D.W. Suratt

One of the Regulars
I live in Laurens, SC. As for law enforcement wearing hats, I work in the warrants division and do on occasion serve warrants out of uniform, and will wear my hats from time to time. I think the adventurer will do nicely for those times I go sans uniform

RockBottom

One of the Regulars
D.W. Suratt said:
I live in Laurens, SC. As for law enforcement wearing hats, I work in the warrants division and do on occasion serve warrants out of uniform, and will wear my hats from time to time. I think the adventurer will do nicely for those times I go sans uniform

My college roomate was from there. Can't remember his name though.

Mister_Ed

New in Town
D.W. Suratt said:

Good to have another SC boy here. You may know where Blakely Dr. and Grant Dr. are, on the outskirts of Laurens near the high school. They're named for my great aunt and great uncle, who used to own all that property; I remember when theirs was the only house out there. I'm originally from Chester (still have a place up there) and went to Clemson. Anyway, looks like you have good taste in hats, so you'll be right at home here!

Mike in Seattle

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Welcome, D.W. And let me just say I tip my hat at your choice of avatar (considering your location & vocation) and throw in a thoroughly rousing round of applause. :eusa_clap lol :eusa_clap lol :eusa_clap lol

Donato

One of the Regulars
Welcome to the Lounge, D.W. You will find lots of information and friendly folks around here. And it's lots of fun too...but Colby Jack is right...it is a kind of "sickness." OCLD - Obsessive Compulsive Lid Disorder!!!!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zibounou