Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

New hat rack

Mark G

A-List Customer
Wasn't sure where to post as it does have hats in it. I've been looking for some way to display my hats that would allow them to hold their shape... so I came up with this. I wanted it rustic so I made it out of Douglas Fir from the local DIY store.

The arms and legs to the rack are mortised and tenoned and I took a torch to it to make it look weathered. The hat frames are made to my head size and covered in leather to protect the sweat band.

Very nice! I like it. I have a couple of these to hang over the seatback in a couple of my vehicles. The wood disc is covered in sheepskin so it's a one size fits all. I sometimes bring one into my office and hang it over the top of a door to park my hat, but I don't have enough of them to display hats with at home. I like your idea.

Looks like a Martin guitar case I see?

s4ugyt.jpg

RJR

Wasn't sure where to post as it does have hats in it. I've been looking for some way to display my hats that would allow them to hold their shape... so I came up with this. I wanted it rustic so I made it out of Douglas Fir from the local DIY store.

The arms and legs to the rack are mortised and tenoned and I took a torch to it to make it look weathered. The hat frames are made to my head size and covered in leather to protect the sweat band.

Nicely done!

RJR

Very nice! I like it. I have a couple of these to hang over the seatback in a couple of my vehicles. The wood disc is covered in sheepskin so it's a one size fits all. I sometimes bring one into my office and hang it over the top of a door to park my hat, but I don't have enough of them to display hats with at home. I like your idea.

Looks like a Martin guitar case I see?

s4ugyt.jpg
Jack is this something you made or is it commercially available?Thanks.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
j2points