Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

New hat WORK OF ART

duggap

Banned
Wow

You and Art have great taste. That is one wonderful looking hat. Congrads.
Actually bases on advise of FLers I ordered one of Panama Bob's hats which Art will block and finish. Will post photo when ready.

Art Fawcett

Sponsoring Affiliate
Thank You!!

Thanks for posting this Andy and Thank you gents for all the positive comments. Unfortunately, this exact hat cannot be produced again as I ran out of the correct ribbon on Andy's hat and had to stop the "Manhattan" series with his. I thought I had enough for 10 hats but alas, I had to stop at 8. Those of you that had this series built please know that your certificate is incorrect because of this. ( I always number them 01/10 etc). Since I love this felt color be assured I will be designing another with it...just a bit different.
Enjoy!!!

Wild Root

Gone Home
The crown on that hat is really nice Art! And the color is just classic.

So, you're saying you can't make that exact hat again only because of the ribbon? I take it you were using vintage ribbon perhaps? Any one making that same width of ribbon today... it's perfect!

=WR=

Hemingway Jones

I'll Lock Up
Bartender
Beautiful hat, Good Sir. Art does fantastic work! I love the color, the styling, the ribbon (Art does wonderful ribbons), and the bound brim. I am not a fan of the feather, but good for you for indulging in a little extravagance.

However, it would be nice to see it on. It's lifeless just sitting there. It needs your head to animate it, to bring out the styling. ;)

Congratulations on a wonderful hat.:eusa_clap

Art Fawcett

Sponsoring Affiliate
You are right Root!!

Thanks Root, you're right. I only use vintage ribbon on my limited Editions so when it's gone, it's gone!! To my knowledge there isn't anyone making this ribbon anymore especially in this width. There might be a company out there but I haven't found them. BTW..this is the first time Andy has seen the new box with the Logo you designed on it. Blew him away!!!

Wild Root

Gone Home
I thought you were using vintage ribbon;)

What is the width on that ribbon? It totally reminds me of the 30's deep styled ribbon's. I recall one time going to Baron's California Hats once and saw they had a variety of ribbons in most widths... but, that was back in 1997... haven't been back since! lol

Yes, I was too blown away when I saw that box... my humble logo really looks good in gold on a black box!

=WR=

ideaguy

One Too Many
I had emailed Art a little while back asking for a couple of photos of cutomer's hats so I could start choosing my own- this is one heckuva start-congratulations on your bespoke beauty!:eusa_clap :eusa_clap

Benny Holiday

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Congratulations Andykev. The Manhattan is my favourite hat of all time. Everything about it - the crown and brim symmetry, the colour, the ribbon, the workmanship - is simply superb.

Matt Deckard

Man of Action
That's a really awsome looking hat. Need to see it on your head. congratulations and to Art... good job again. I still like the job you did on reblocking that optimo of mine to have a bit of a straighter crown. Hope all is well in your new home.

Andykev... Wear it in good health (so take it off when you are sick).

Haversack

One Too Many
I received my Manhattan from Art last Thursday and wore it to work the following day. I couldn't count the number of admiring glances it garnered. It is a magnificent hat and now has pride of place in my collection of headgear. I now need to find a suit to do it justice. Thanks Art, for the beauty and elegance of your work.

Haversack.

stylin

Familiar Face
:) :) Wow! Simply stunning!

(I'd lose the feather but that's one helleva fine piece of apparel accessory you've got there! Worth every shiny penny!!!)

I don't dare call it a "hat"; that word just doesn't do it justice!

Art, you're the best!

Live long Art, we can't lose you any time soon! ;)

Art Fawcett

Sponsoring Affiliate
Thank you Stylin!!! I'm not planning on going anywhere any time soon so we are both in luck!!
What many on the Lounge don't know is that AndyKev and I are good friends who used to lunch together about once a month when I was in the Vintage biz in Ca. I KNOW that he isn't a "feather " guy either ( nor am I) so at least in this case the feather was more a joke than a necessary component to the hat. I had no idea he would take the pics and post the hat, let alone leave the feather in. I thought he would just remove it and go "hrumph...Art KNOWS I don't do feathers"...giving me a quick laugh at the thought. I did the same thing with a hat I built for James Powers. I built a hat in a tan on tan theme called "The Palomino" and just before sending I placed the most garish, outlandish ( OK..downright ugly) feather thinking I would get a call like "WHAT WERE YOU THINKING?", again giving me a good laugh. Unfortunately, JP is such a gentleman, he never mentioned the feather and I don't think he ever posted the hat either ( I can't remember if you did JP), so my joke backfired. Sometimes my humor is just TOO subtle...

K.D. Lightner

Call Me a Cab
Know how you feel, Andykev, I too have a Manhattan, styled a bit differently from the classic one to fit my features a bit better. Mine is in light gray or silvermist and has a lighter ribbon on it, which I think gives it a little more of a feminine look. Don't have photos of it yet, but it looks quite a bit like yours.

What a wonderful fedora! Aren't we the lucky ones to have such hatmakers in our lounge?

karol

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ivan24