Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

New Highwayman -- w/ new buckle and one piece back

sshack

A-List Customer
One piece back thoughts--

I actually think the front /sides of the HWM are more "signature" Aero than the back design. I've seen the yoke design on many denim and anonymous off-the-rack leather jackets before. I mean, I never see someone's yoke design from the back of their jacket and think, "I wonder if that's a HWM?"

I'm not slighting the yoke design by any means, I went back and forth deciding whether to "mess with" Aero's classic jacket, but in the end, I went with my gut. And my gut says this:

1) I love a big, single piece of quality horsehide. It's kind of rare thing to find in a jacket these days. I mean, that's why I went with Aero in the first place-- the quality Horween leather. And here, Aero didn't disappoint. The leather thickness is even through out the back, the grain is surprising tight/smooth in person (will probably reveal itself later), and it's simply a pleasure to touch. I didn't want this interrupted by the 2 piece yoke design.

If you want me to wax even more poetic (as another poster pointed out, lol), when I chose the one piece back I was trying to channel images of the black monolith in 2001 A Space Odyssey, the clean lines of the Stealth Bomber... insert your personal imagery here... But really, it just boils down to this-- I prefer it and it makes me happy. :)

sshack

A-List Customer
Great looking jacket.
Post some pics of you wearing it if possible.
What are the jacket's measurements?

Will, post some pics of me wearing the jacket soon... early next week if I can.

This jacket is labeled as 42. Sleeve length is 25." Back length is 26." Shoulder seam to seam is 20."

I stand about 5'10." I usually wear a size 42/44 jacket, with 32/33 pants. Sizing has always been tricky for me... if something matches me in the shoulder width, then there is too much room in the mid section. I was worried the HWM would be too boxy, but the side sraps help a lot w/ narrowing the silhouette. I didn't want this very form fitting, I wanted a comfortable jacket built to last. I may try a more tailored/fitted jacket next...

sshack

A-List Customer
Lovely simple black jacket contrats, you are ready for winter :)

Over-prepared! We have pretty mild winters in S. Calif. Today, as I tried to break in the HWM for an hour (indoors), the temps outside were in the 90's! Hopefully, I'll spend some time in some chillier climates this fall/winter!

MillersCrossing

Familiar Face
Try standing 5'10", weighing 230lbs and having a 46-48 inch chest. It's a nightmare finding off the rack jackets that fit.

I stand about 5'10." I usually wear a size 42/44 jacket, with 32/33 pants. Sizing has always been tricky for me... if something matches me in the shoulder width, then there is too much room in the mid section. I was worried the HWM would be too boxy, but the side sraps help a lot w/ narrowing the silhouette. I didn't want this very form fitting, I wanted a comfortable jacket built to last. I may try a more tailored/fitted jacket next...

Over-prepared! We have pretty mild winters in S. Calif. Today, as I tried to break in the HWM for an hour (indoors), the temps outside were in the 90's! Hopefully, I'll spend some time in some chillier climates this fall/winter!
If you go to the local mountains at all, it's cold. Heck in Pasadena, we get into the 30ºs at times. I get plenty of jacket wear, but a heavy sheerling would only get mountain or vacation duties. Still nice to have one...

tonypaj

Practically Family
If you go to the local mountains at all, it's cold. Heck in Pasadena, we get into the 30ºs at times. I get plenty of jacket wear, but a heavy sheerling would only get mountain or vacation duties. Still nice to have one...

I don't know. Wherever I go, I get the record highs. Always. I was just in Iceland to avoid this. Mostly it was sunny. It's supposed to rain there. That's why I went there... Back in the Geneva region, they forecast 26+ C here, and sunny. It was 30+ C all summer.

Ho hum, no leather jackets, keep buying workwear and bandanas. I'd like the next ice age.

I don't know. Wherever I go, I get the record highs. Always. I was just in Iceland to avoid this. Mostly it was sunny. It's supposed to rain there. That's why I went there... Back in the Geneva region, they forecast 26+ C here, and sunny. It was 30+ C all summer. Ho hum, no leather jackets, keep buying workwear and bandanas. I'd like the next ice age.
It's coming! Winter 2013/14 forecast.

sshack

A-List Customer
Hi, Butte. Speaking of shearling, I just picked up a B6 on eBay. Couldn't resist. I have no inkling when I'll wear it, but I guess I should take up glacier climbing...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akubraacornfawn