Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

New Highwayman -- w/ new buckle and one piece back

sshack

A-List Customer
Uh, I use to think I was tech savvy, but how the hell do you upload pics? I keep getting error message for a tiny pic url. I tried uploading directly to messageboard and that wasn't workign either...

http://tinypic.com/r/2gtuqs1/5

http://tinypic.com/r/14acxzm/5

http://tinypic.com/r/2qsxweq/5

Well, the direct links are attached at least.

I apologize for the poor lighting, I only have time to do this stuff at night! Anyway, I'll upload more pics when I can, but I just wanted to share the unique/new features of this HWM. Let's face it, I'm sure you guys have seen this jacket before, lol

This was a revised HWM. The first one I received was too big and had some other issues as well. Long story short-- Holly at Aero took care of me and sent me this great jacket. Full details later...

But for now-- Check out the new buckle! It's silver, not bronze. And it's much smoother, heavier, stronger than the old bronze one. My first jacket had the bronze buckle and I thought it was a bit of a lightweight, compared to the rest of the jacket. I much prefer this new buckle!

Also, just wanted to show the one piece back. Sorry for the reflections, but at least the lighting exaggerates the grain so you can see it. Interestingly, in person, the leather of this jacket feels riverstone smooth. You can hardly see the grain just a nice creamy/glossy black, if that makes any sense.

------

Let's try this again!

Great stitch work, uniform throughout this zippered pocket. Leather is turned perfectly... is that the term, "turned?"

I lined the pockets with moleskin. Would have preferred a brighter color than black moleskin... next time!

Forgot the name of this tartan, but it's one of the basic ones avail on Aero. This is the regular stock. Doesn't look this bright in person, photographs better!

I got black cord strip at the bottom hem.

One last pic of the one piece back w/ better lighting!

Last edited:

ProteinNerd

My Mail is Forwarded Here
2gtuqs1.jpg

14acxzm.jpg

2qsxweq.jpg

There you go ;D

sshack

A-List Customer
Thanks, Protein nerd! Is there a new FAQ that explains what grandpa is doing wrong? I searched for one, but it seemed pretty dated.

Dav

One Too Many
Nice looking Highwayman Sshack.

You just need to paste the img code in to your post rather than the direct link code, then the images will show.

rocketeer

Call Me a Cab
I have two Highwayman Aero jackets. To be honest I really like the side buckles, I never really like the rollers on any buckle on any jacket. But personally I prefer the chevron back of the original design.
I think the whole back works with the A2 but not so much with this.
Just my opinion

wdw

One Too Many
Looking good. Be nice to see it on.

Can't remember seeing a black one before, surprisingly.

Highwaymanman

A-List Customer
Great stuff. I have a HWM with a one piece back too, although it has a bi swing at the shoulders. This one is at another level again. Very cool.

Fanch

I'll Lock Up
Very good pics illustrating the new side buckles. An old HWM that I gave my son had poorly designed buckles with which the straps keep coming loose. My HWM has the a different buckle that stays in place as long as the strap is doubled back over. My Teamster has D ring buckles that function flawlessly. I had heard that Aero recently started using the newer buckle illustrated in the pictures above. Has anyone had any problems of straps coming loose with the latest style Aero buckles?

Sloan1874

I'll Lock Up
I find them pretty good, though if you buckle them really tight ie to the limit they will go, the straps will eventually loosen a bit, but you'd expect that. As with the old buckles, like you, I just doubled them back and they've never moved since.

Fanch

I'll Lock Up
I find them pretty good, though if you buckle them really tight ie to the limit they will go, the straps will eventually loosen a bit, but you'd expect that. As with the old buckles, like you, I just doubled them back and they've never moved since.

My experience too. I suspect that the thicker straps (FQHH) tend to stay in place better than thinner ones (goat or MWHH). My two G&B Expedition (Indy) jackets are both goatskin, not even as heavy as Aero's goat, and stay in place with D rings, which leads me to believe that D rings might be the best design of all. Any thoughts or opinions.

tropicalbob

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Beautiful jacket. I've been thinking it's time for a second jacket, and I find that I keep coming back to the HWM, espeicially in black. By the way, "riverstone smooth"? I think you have a touch of the poet.

Looks good sshack! I like the one-piece as well.
Here's a quick tutorial on the pics. I should update it, but it is enough to get you going, Gramps :rofl:

ScreenShot2012-08-30at24742PM.png

Plumbline

One Too Many
The "shallow V" yoke .. is quiniessentially Highwayman IMHO and I've had a few :D .... never had a one piece back Aero other than an A-2 so would like to know how it looks, feels or fits.

Is this an option or is it the new design ? It's such a fundamental change after all .. it will certainly make for a clean look ( I have to admit I prefer the shallow V though so hope they still do it as an option :( )

sshack

A-List Customer
New pics, updated the first post as well. I'll try and post pics of me wearing the jacket next week... busy busy!

Great stitch work, uniform throughout this zippered pocket. Leather is turned perfectly... is that the term, "turned?"

I lined the pockets with moleskin. Would have preferred a brighter color than black moleskin... next time!

Forgot the name of this tartan, but it's one of the basic ones avail on Aero. This is the regular stock. Doesn't look this bright in person, photographs better!

I got black cord strip at the bottom hem.

One last pic of the one piece back w/ better lighting!

sshack

A-List Customer
Nice looking Highwayman Sshack.

You just need to paste the img code in to your post rather than the direct link code, then the images will show.

Thanks, Dav & Butte for uploading help! Now can you tell me how to consolidate all my Iphoto pics...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
green_entrails