Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

New jacket leather options...

NZJono

One of the Regulars
Here’s some battered steer after a little over 4 years, showing some wear around the button holes and armpits.
968E4D2E-745C-4953-B820-F189141BBE40.jpeg
5A38CFBD-745B-41FB-9B25-0E8583E6B24D.jpeg

zebedee

One Too Many
People talk about Vicenza as though it's flimsy fashion lamb. It has quite a bit of presence and even stiffness!
It has a drier hand and it will take a long while to develop a patina and people claim, too, that it is less water-resistant; it has few supporters here, but I reckon it's an ideal weight for daily wear, that it's 'warmer' (as is goat) and that it has a great grain. Next order, a Plainsman, will be blackened brown Vicenza as I've been really impressed by the dark seal Vicenza Mariner I own. If it's impermeable in a typhoon here, I think that water-resistance is as good as it needs to be.

Last edited:

Aloysius

My Mail is Forwarded Here
It has a drier hand and it will take a long while to develop a patina and people claim, too, that it is less water-resistant; it has few supporters here, but I reckon it's an ideal weight for daily wear, that it's 'warmer' (as is goat) and that it has a great grain. Next order, a Plainsman, will be blackened brown Vicenza as I've been really impressed by the dark seal Vicenza Mariner I own. If it's impermeable in a typhoon here, I think that water-resistance is as good as it needs to be.

If the aniline version is holding up to water for you, then the blackened brown will be even better. The top coat is substantial enough that water does not get through at all.

The goat is great too. It’s more matte than the Vicenza, but the drape is better than Vicenza and Badalassi, let alone CXL.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bergsma112