Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

New jacket: Vanson x Thurston Bros. Gambler

Here’s a nice side by side comparison of the two. The first is on the left, 2nd on the right. I really prefer the second jacket. Fits better, better hide...easy to wear. I actually think it’s one of the nicest Vansons I’ve ever owned (and one of the few I didn’t send back to jump into Aero’s queue).
89BE7AD4-FE70-45B2-8D30-5F906AC98744.jpeg

8B27C7B7-69A2-422E-951E-54D501E035B7.jpeg

The side by side photos perfectly demonstrate how good that new jacket is.
I think if I were to order another Vanson I would absolutely spec this z-150. It’s there 90’s recipe comp weight, skived down a bit. It’s remarkably better suited to these super trim styles, like the derby and TB’s daredevil.

b1lf

One of the Regulars
The comp weight Vanson Model E I received had a pretty lackluster hide, with a few noticeable imperfections (and *not* natural ones like barb wire marks, etc).

Very different than my few year old Model B when it came in new.

That, plus it was too small, was easy for me to send back. Still not sure what I’m doing for a replacement.

Carlos840

I'll Lock Up
Here’s a nice side by side comparison of the two. The first is on the left, 2nd on the right. I really prefer the second jacket. Fits better, better hide...easy to wear. I actually think it’s one of the nicest Vansons I’ve ever owned (and one of the few I didn’t send back to jump into Aero’s queue).
View attachment 167925
View attachment 167924

Are these both the same size? The new one looks more fitted overall.

@ton312 Dumb question I know, but did you move this jacket on? Have you owned a Chopper? If so how did they compare?
I sold both. They were nice jackets but the sleeves and shoulders were insanely narrow. I think (from what I can tell) the chopper isn’t as trim in those areas.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bergsma112