Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

New Johnson Leathers Motorcycle Jacket

Vespizzare

A-List Customer
I've got no problems with that Vespizzare. In my case, unless I have a pitch black object next to the jacket, my example looks more or less black. But I get what you are saying. I tend to call it a very "rich looking" black as it is hard to describe how it actually looks in person. The real point that I was trying to make is that the overdye on my jacket has not really worn away at all after two years time, the jacket sill looks to be a very uniform black, or "very very very very very very very dark brown" if you prefer. While I'm not performing farm chores with the jacket on, it has received plenty of use under a lot of different circumstances and the finish seems to be extremelly durable in my case. This surprised me as I initially expected it to get scratched up quite quickly. On the other hand, my CXL horsehide jacket, with no overdye, is looking aged much more quickly, which is fine by me as well.

I'm glad it takes time. I like it fine just as it is. I think I probably torture tested the swatches until I got some action. It's weird to think of people reading these exchanges years from now, but when you search that's what happens.

Last edited:

regius

My Mail is Forwarded Here
I've decided to use the CXL 3.25oz to make a replica of the 50s Monarch civilian flight jacket I've got, slash pockets, burgundy quilt lining, brown knits, one added left chest slant pocket, not the usual horizontal iphone pocket.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
eve_grace