Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

New Johnson Leathers Motorcycle Jacket

tmitchell59

I'll Lock Up
Sorry for the confusion. I didn't have them public when I made the first link. The Google site is pretty nice, I thought I had made everything on there public.

T.

technovox

One Too Many
Beautiful looking hide on that jacket, Nick.
And the best part is that it's just going to get better with age.
(I'd love to see pics of it a year from now.)
Congratulations!

nick123

I'll Lock Up
I like that quite a bit. The shoulders fit especially well. Great looking jacket. Ya done good.:cheers1:

Nice emoticon. I'm a long way away from reaching your level of cool, but thanks! I couldn't be happier with the fit.
I should note I turned on the "auto-enhance" feature on the iphone to sharpen the photo up a bit. Also, looking at it as if it wasn't mine, sleeves look short. One thing I forgot to mention is the sleeve openings on this jacket are a bit narrower, so the sleeves don't always hang down fully. They're longer (maybe a hair too long) with arms straight by my sides.
I laugh when I see this photo, because up close in the mirror, it doesn't look as close-fitting!

nick123

I'll Lock Up
How about some photos?

There are about four or five when you click on the photobucket link. I'm a terrible self-photographer so I've never been enthusiastic about taking pics. However, there's nothing worse than reading a new jacket thread and not seeing any pics, so I'm obligated to do it!

schitzo

Suspended
Nick that is a very nice fit and a good length. I'm happy for you dude! Now you've got one you can commit to wearing in.

So how long is it? It just says you had an extra 1.5" added. I'm guessing it can't be any longer than 26"

nick123

I'll Lock Up
Yep. Actually right at 26". The stock was around 24.5-25". Sleeves on the stock jacket were fairly long as I only added .75" to them.
These types of jackets are more forgiving at shorter lengths than most others... Like you, I could theoretically go shorter than 26". For functionality purposes I should. But I like em' long.

Last edited:

Vespizzare

A-List Customer
Somehow I missed this thread before. I'm totally pumped because in two or three weeks I'm getting my own custom job in that same hide. Of course the fit is perfect. You're so lucky that you live near enough to go in for a fitting. I did one like that and it sure is less complicated than going the email/phone route. Wear it in the best......

nick123

I'll Lock Up
Somehow I missed this thread before. I'm totally pumped because in two or three weeks I'm getting my own custom job in that same hide. Of course the fit is perfect. You're so lucky that you live near enough to go in for a fitting. I did one like that and it sure is less complicated than going the email/phone route. Wear it in the best......

You'll love it. Those Horween guys do it right.

53Effie

A-List Customer
Really cool jacket Nick. I am looking at doing something similar with JL in a month or so. How much was the upcharge for the Horween overdye leather, if you don't mind sharing that? Thanks much.

nick123

I'll Lock Up
Really cool jacket Nick. I am looking at doing something similar with JL in a month or so. How much was the upcharge for the Horween overdye leather, if you don't mind sharing that? Thanks much.

$100. They charge more for certain leathers. Thanks so much.

Vespizzare

A-List Customer

Maybe I'm "the last of the big-time spenders," but I don't ever discuss money with Allen. I just tell him what I want and feel assured he won't overcharge me.

nick123

I'll Lock Up
The day Alan overcharges you is the day hell freezes over. For a completely custom jacket the prices are actually really good. The outcome does depend on what you end up getting though. I've had an A-2 from them at a similar price that probably wouldn't gather as much attention as this one. Still, the value is there compared to stock jackets at similar prices.

Last edited:

nick123

I'll Lock Up
The one leather I really wouldn't overlook with these guys is their straight chrome-tanned dark brown goatskin. It's thin at 2.5oz but it's great for a warm climate jacket. That and their chocolate brown bison hide (it's 5oz though).

Last edited:

53Effie

A-List Customer
I'm just trying to get a sense of how much more I need to set aside to be in the ball park with my savings before I start the process. I'm definitely not the last of the big time spenders. Alan's price on a previous custom he did for me was quite reasonable I thought. I have no concern about being overcharged. Not sure where that came from.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
steveng183