Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

New Joker pic

carebear

My Mail is Forwarded Here
"Oh, God. Good going, Neron. Pick a guy no one wants to be in the room with. When villains want to scare each other, they tell Joker stories." - Trickster (DC villain)

This is my definitive mental Joker, but you can't have an actual human look like that in real life.

killingjoke.jpg

RyFranzese24

Familiar Face
New and Improved Joker Products!

He looks pretty cool. It should be very interesting. I hope this sequel lives up to the hype. I hope Bruce Wayne delivers and does not pull a Peter Parker.

carebear

My Mail is Forwarded Here
I would like to point out the "Killing Joke" Joker is wearing French cuffs and a real bow tie.

He's a Lounger at heart. :D

Fleur De Guerre

Call Me a Cab
That's a picture from the Killing Joke, from a scene before he actually became the Joker. He was around for 20 years looking the way he did, before they even made a back story for him.

Fleur De Guerre

Call Me a Cab
Girl Friday said:
How about let's just agree that Heath Ledger will make a good Joker and leave it at that? :D

Agreed! :D

I personally like the idea way more anyway, how would toxic waste even change your appearance?? It would have to affect you genetically, and that's just silly! :p

Jovan

Suspended
Fleur De Guerre said:
Agreed! :D

I personally like the idea way more anyway, how would toxic waste even change your appearance?? It would have to affect you genetically, and that's just silly! :p
In the first movie, it was a combination of that plus a botched plastic surgery. But I agree, it's pushing it a bit.

jake_fink

Call Me a Cab
Joker. Boring.

Gee, think he might jump up and down and go, "hee-hee-haw-haw-haw!"?

Hasn't every possible story using every possible and usually half-baked reimagining of every origin and all possible interpretations of Batman and his "Rogues Gallery" already been done to death? Why don't they give Batman a rest, like for fifty years. He's just an infantile plagiarization of the Shadow anyway.

*ducks and runs*

jazzzbaby

One of the Regulars
Twitch said:
Whatever, it's time for a new Batman movie!:D

I agree. I am a HUGE fan of 'Batman Begins'. I went into watching it because there happened to be nothing else worth watching on the big screen at that time and mommy had a hall pass from home. I adored it and bought the movie when it came out on DVD. I am in hopes that the second Batman will be consistent with the Batman Begins.

Doh!

One Too Many
That Empire photo sans text is great!

The Killing Joke Joker is my favorite version, and the latest photos seem to capture that essence -- even without the elongated chin.

Edward

Bartender
Jovan said:
In the first movie, it was a combination of that plus a botched plastic surgery. But I agree, it's pushing it a bit.

The botched plastic surgery accounted for the fixed grin, yeah.... that was interesting, though personally I've long come to prefer the Joker's face with more expression. The madness I think is fine coming from the final straw of the chemical bath experience - not so much down to the chemicals but the psychological final straw - as he says himself in The Killing Joke, "all it takes is one bad day to make a normal man go insane."

Fleur De Guerre said:
That's a picture from the Killing Joke, from a scene before he actually became the Joker. He was around for 20 years looking the way he did, before they even made a back story for him.

I like that.... keep the mystery for a long tim,e then discover the turth behind the origin of the character who has been slowly revealed... somehow makes it more realistic to me, like the way Batman and the detectives would have had to put it together over time themselves. Who else has gone on for so long before the origin story is told..... Wolverine, maybe? It's only in the last four years or so we've had his origin story...

rebelgtp

One of the Regulars
Edward said:
Who else has gone on for so long before the origin story is told..... Wolverine, maybe? It's only in the last four years or so we've had his origin story...

I believe you are referring to the 2001 "Origin" series where we find out that Wolverine was born in the 19th century to a wealthy family in Canada? We also find out that his name is not Logan as he has been called for years his real name is James, and he changes it to Logan after running away. He is a rather sickly weak boy who is picked on by the ground keepers son Dog Logan. After running away and growing up Dog tracks him down with the intent to kill him (Dog looks a lot like Sabertooth). During this whole time Wolverine falls in love with Rose, who in turn falls in love with Wolverines boss. While fighting Dog, Rose is knocked into the fray between the two and is impaled on Wolverines claws. If I remember correctly the last frame is him running into the woods with a pack of wolves.

Edward

Bartender
rebelgtp said:
I believe you are referring to the 2001 "Origin" series where we find out that Wolverine was born in the 19th century to a wealthy family in Canada? We also find out that his name is not Logan as he has been called for years his real name is James, and he changes it to Logan after running away. He is a rather sickly weak boy who is picked on by the ground keepers son Dog Logan. After running away and growing up Dog tracks him down with the intent to kill him (Dog looks a lot like Sabertooth). During this whole time Wolverine falls in love with Rose, who in turn falls in love with Wolverines boss. While fighting Dog, Rose is knocked into the fray between the two and is impaled on Wolverines claws. If I remember correctly the last frame is him running into the woods with a pack of wolves.

That's the one. Great stuff.... totally had me going that Dog was going to grow up to be our Logan.... not least bearing in mind Logan Snr's resemblence to the Logan of today.... I gather they had planned never to do his origin story, and then changed their minds when the alternative appeared to be to let Hollywood do it first - and no doubt make a mess of it. Last I heard, Hugh Jackman was under contract to do a Wolverine based spin-off from the X Men series.... I'd love to see them turn Origin into a film.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner