Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

New member who needs some advice (likes Aero)

Seb Lucas

I'll Lock Up
One must remember Kangaroos are wild culled from different environments and several species. So there will be different ages and size of beasts. I imagine skins from a tough old male might be different from a dainty young female. I have noticed there seems variable uniformity in skins with hair on hide sold at markets over here.

Yeah, the good grades hides go overseas.

Dr.Seuss

One of the Regulars
Damn! Thats going to be a lot of heavy thick leather in that Teamster/Saddleback combo!

Oggy;

Saddleback and Steer; a lovely combo. Not to worry, other than offending an occasional PETA member, Teamster or Maxwell and Saddleback briefcase are my EDC. Prepare yourself for the compliments.

Oggy

New in Town
Oggy;

Saddleback and Steer; a lovely combo. Not to worry, other than offending an occasional PETA member, Teamster or Maxwell and Saddleback briefcase are my EDC. Prepare yourself for the compliments.
Thanks, I just love my saddleback, Im going to order me a wallet and belt after I recover from the 660 UK pounds from ordering a jacket! :rolleyes:
PETA types, we have a lot of them, just let them try to bug me :mad:
Already had some complements for my backpack and complements don`t come easy in this part of the world.

Oggy

New in Town
Oh guys, I must tell you: I just ordered me a 42" brown steer hide Aero Teamster with brown cotton drill lining. Im a happy dude right now :eusa_clap
Its my first custom jacket and Im a bit nervous about the sizing. :eek: But I strictly went with areos recommondations.

ProteinNerd

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Thanks, I just love my saddleback, Im going to order me a wallet and belt after I recover from the 660 UK pounds from ordering a jacket! :rolleyes:
PETA types, we have a lot of them, just let them try to bug me :mad:
Already had some complements for my backpack and complements don`t come easy in this part of the world.

I agree, my saddleback slim briefcase is amazing, After a year it still surprises me when people stop me in the street and ask about it which happens maybe once or twice a month. I also ended up getting one of their wallets....its just as good!

Arnold

One of the Regulars
Some very interesting info about Aero vs other companies' leather quality here, as well as interesting innuendos about Lost World's willingess to customize or even just accomodate custom size deviations, if I got that right (and if so, I would second that, since my currently planned order with LW is going somewhat slowly because of little or confusing info about the possibilities and policies).

One info I didn't get from Aero yet, however, is about the cuts of their various classic MC jackets. Can someone tell me which of the following are better or worse for someone with a short-ish, V-shaped (athletic) torso, with short-ish arms on top of that? - I mean the Indian, Buco and Schott styles, and the King of the Road, Daytona, and Elvis. For example, from the photos on Aero's website it seems as if the KOTR had a narrower, almost "cuff-like" waist, whereas the Daytone looks more tubular/ straight and the Elvis and the "Motorcycle Jacket" (Schott style) look more "round", but I'm pretty sure that's just the photos, not so much real differences.
As I said, no info from Aero about this.

Seb Lucas

I'll Lock Up
I agree, my saddleback slim briefcase is amazing, After a year it still surprises me when people stop me in the street and ask about it which happens maybe once or twice a month. I also ended up getting one of their wallets....its just as good!

Really? No one has ever mentioned my Saddleback Satchel. I'm not too big a fan of these things. They are brick-like heavy, cumbersome bags and I way prefer carrying things in a nylon Crumpler. Much more comfortable and efficient. Just doesn't look as cool.

ProteinNerd

My Mail is Forwarded Here
I guess because I'm carrying mine with me all day during work hours and I'm out and about a lot, more people see it and there is a higher chance someone will comment. Strangely enough, its more often women commenting they would like to get one for their boyfriend/husband etc..

Oggy

New in Town
Really? No one has ever mentioned my Saddleback Satchel. I'm not too big a fan of these things. They are brick-like heavy, cumbersome bags and I way prefer carrying things in a nylon Crumpler. Much more comfortable and efficient. Just doesn't look as cool.

Just ordered me one of those, medium size satchel, dark brown. I just love the saddleback stuff. What size did you get?

Seb Lucas

I'll Lock Up
Just ordered me one of those, medium size satchel, dark brown. I just love the saddleback stuff. What size did you get?

The large one. I keep thinking about selling it but it's ok to throw things in when I drive (which is rarely) because then I don't then need to carry the awkward uncomfortable thing over my shoulder.

I would go out tonight

One of the Regulars
The large one. I keep thinking about selling it but it's ok to throw things in when I drive (which is rarely) because then I don't then need to carry the awkward uncomfortable thing over my shoulder.

Seb, if you are selling, are you thinking of the classifieds here?

I am sure that many here would be interested, including me of course.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shiny hats