Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

New "mud"-splattered denim, anyone? Just US$425 to you, mate.

Peacoat

Bartender
Oh, I hear you about dads. My dad would have asked how much they'd cost, of course - and there'd be no way I'd cop to that and tell him the truth of $425 ... there's no sense in getting a slap on the side of the head as well as a tongue-lashing. Anything for the quiet life.

And I once had a girlfriend who got a new pair of jeans and gave me a sexy twirl and asked me if I liked them. I said that I did - but the truth was that they looked ridiculous and like she'd just sat on a park bench that had just been painted white and some prankster has swiped the sign that said "Wet Paint"! She was a rather hot-blooded French-Canadian with the associated fiery temperament, which could be as good as it was bad at times, it depended. I once showed up and there was a dent in the wall. I asked what it was. "You want to watch TV? Now you 'ave to turn dee channel by pushing dee buttons on dee TV. No more remote." I asked why. "You see dat 'ole in dee wall?! Dat was dee remote and I don't want to talk about eet!"
Hence: "The jeans look great on you, Hon' ...".
Oh, so we dated the same girl at one point? I know exactly what you are talking about.

Stand By

One Too Many
I have some nice 21 oz denim with chicken ***t on them - they must be worth a fortune. Only fed with organic food too. Taking a road trip to SF to unload them. Reckoning I'm looking at $1200, easy.

Ha!Ha!Ha!
I shouldn't laugh. It probably is what's coming next ...

Stand By

One Too Many
Oh, so we dated the same girl at one point? I know exactly what you are talking about.

Oh yes. Sometimes a very appealing benefit...
And sometimes distinctly scary like a spontaneous hurricane - the best thing was to say nothing and move only the eyes and nod ....

CBI

One Too Many
Seriously, people on THIS forum think paying high $$$ for odd looking jeans is nuts? The amount of money spent on heritage clothing can get obscene!

LVC used to offer an 1890's jean that was a copy of jeans found in a mine that were totally trashed for $450+

Mister Freedom.........need I say more.

The "worn" look is so common, the mud jeans are an obvious next step.

RRL frequently offers jeans with "dirt" and paint on them for big money...............................

Harris HTM

One Too Many
Damn, people are stupid.
Personally I like my clothing to be new, feel like new, smell like new and look like new, and above all to be clean. I know there are people who are after distressed or pre-owned look, or whatever, but still:
a) for 400$ you can buy an amazing pair of jeans,
b) this looks disgusting.
For some reason the photo of the jeans reminded me an evening count in my regiment when I was in the army. I had been busy the whole day with a Bailey bridge so my overalls and boots looked like that and in any case the evening count was usually a sort of friendly chat. Not that time though, the captain had probably a fight with his wife, his favourite team lost or whatever. I can still remember him shouting: "start running around the building until the building gets dizzy and collapses".

ProteinNerd

My Mail is Forwarded Here
I have some nice 21 oz denim with chicken ***t on them - they must be worth a fortune. Only fed with organic food too. Taking a road trip to SF to unload them. Reckoning I'm looking at $1200, easy.

Only if they are free range chickens!

IXL

One Too Many
A few years back, one of the British manufacturers offered up motorcycle riding jackets featuring fake mud splatters made from molded plastic/rubber and fused to the cloth jacket: how very rugged.

Fanch

I'll Lock Up
This overpriced nonsense made today's editorial page of the Dallas Morning News. :p

FullSizeRender.jpg

I was told last night an anecdote about the Balenciaga blue leather tote that is selling for $3000. Apparently it looks remarkably like the Ikea blue plastic totes......soooo Ikea has come out with an advert that says something along the lines...."here is the original blue tote and ours is only .99!"

Harris HTM

One Too Many
I was told last night an anecdote about the Balenciaga blue leather tote that is selling for $3000. Apparently it looks remarkably like the Ikea blue plastic totes......soooo Ikea has come out with an advert that says something along the lines...."here is the original blue tote and ours is only .99!"

I read about it on the news a couple of days ago so I visited their website. They also offer some Harrington jackets which could probably fit only Hulk or the Iron Man. Accordingly priced, only 1000 euros. I'm really convinced that right now someone is actually ordering these monstrosities.
As I always thought: "there are people with so much money who don't know how to spend it correctly; on the contrary I know how to spend it correctly but I lack the dough to do so".

Seriously, people on THIS forum think paying high $$$ for odd looking jeans is nuts? The amount of money spent on heritage clothing can get obscene!

LVC used to offer an 1890's jean that was a copy of jeans found in a mine that were totally trashed for $450+

Mister Freedom.........need I say more.

The "worn" look is so common, the mud jeans are an obvious next step.

RRL frequently offers jeans with "dirt" and paint on them for big money...............................

Yeah... What I've said before; countless people who prance about in $5000 or more worth of high-end repro clothes that are made to resemble poor manual laborer outerwear of the past who probably didn't have enough money to afford a meal every day, let alone a decent pair of pants. That's not... all that different from $450 mud stained jeans so might as well just go the flow and enjoy it.
Again, this:
https://www.realmccoys.co.jp/catalog/products/detail.php?product_id=3919&pg=
I actually like those stupid pants but the fact remains they make fake mud stained jeans seem a lot less idiotic.

bn1966

My Mail is Forwarded Here
My Pike '60's Denim 'Roamers' have it all!!! Mud (from running the Hounds) & holes from wear & washing!! Offers???? Audi (Car) is leaking oil at the moment!! For a few extra $$ a quick roll underneath is an optional extra..oil. mud & holes :)

I once evilBayed a knackered pair of Dr Martin Boots & ended up with $$$$ for 'their experience'...crazy!!!!!!!!!

Dumpster Diver

Practically Family
Those look like someone partied in those Jeans Until they Crapped their pants.

I make Acid washed Jeans and I've been selling them modestly compared to some online boutiques, I mean maybe I'm Just tapping into the wrong market, I duno, I think my Acid Washed and re-dyed Jeans are as good as anything I've seen if not better and more original too. Check it out! what do you think? Should I keep my Day Job?

Mud splattered Jeans...*Really*??? I'll sell you the ones I'm wearing right now for half that!!! Believe me they got more than Mud stains on em, does that make them worth even more or something?

Attachments

• Jeans2.jpg
    Jeans2.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 95

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner