Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

New Nightclub in Portland

MK

Founder
Staff member
Bartender
Thanks to a link posted by ShooShoobaby, I checked out a new joint called Tony Starlight's. It is a quaint and comfortable place on Sandy blvd that just opened a couple of months ago. It has a golden era vibe with Frank Sinatra and Tony Bennett photos on the walls. It has a well stocked bar for a small, upstart nightclub and I have been told the chow is pretty good. Never the less, the real draw to Tony Starlight's is the music. Looking at their calandar you can see jazz, big band, dixieland, swing and vocal groups.

I stopped by the other night. It was a piano bar night, which exactly the low key opportunity I wanted to check the place out. The bartender knew what a Tuaca sidecar was and mixed it up lickity-split. She didn't mess around with the tripple sec. When she reached straight for the Cointreau, I knew i was going to be in good shape. I wished they had traditional martini glasses....but the drink was solid.

Eventually Tony made his way around to me and introduced himself. We had a good chat. He has a new golden era club, I have a new magazine. We got along just fine.

I can see that this is going to be a great place for our Portland members to meet. We should make sure this joint sticks around. Capiche?

http://www.tonystarlight.com/

Dalexs

Practically Family
Wow! That place has been thru more changes then I can count on my hands and feet!

I hope it does well. It's kinda in a bad location, but it aslo seems to have a crowd on the weekends.

Hollywod is a tough part of town. Good luck to Tony!

moustache

Practically Family
MK said:
Thanks to a link posted by ShooShoobaby, I checked out a new joint called Tony Starlight's. It is a quaint and comfortable place on Sandy blvd that just opened a couple of months ago. It has a golden era vibe with Frank Sinatra and Tony Bennett photos on the walls. It has a well stocked bar for a small, upstart nightclub and I have been told the chow is pretty good. Never the less, the real draw to Tony Starlight's is the music. Looking at their calandar you can see jazz, big band, dixieland, swing and vocal groups.

I stopped by the other night. It was a piano bar night, which exactly the low key opportunity I wanted to check the place out. The bartender knew what a Tuaca sidecar was and mixed it up lickity-split. She didn't mess around with the tripple sec. When she reached straight for the Cointreau, I knew i was going to be in good shape. I wished they had traditional martini glasses....but the drink was solid.

Eventually Tony made his way around to me and introduced himself. We had a good chat. He has a new golden era club, I have a new magazine. We got along just fine.

I can see that this is going to be a great place for our Portland members to meet. We should make sure this joint sticks around. Capiche?

http://www.tonystarlight.com/

Yes!! It is about time.I think maybe we will have to try this out as a Fedora Lounge night.
E si,lo capisco!!

Ciao,

JD

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
green_entrails