Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

New old Buco J22 pics

photo2u

Call Me a Cab
Buco has great looking "fur" collars. Cal leather's is a very close second in my book. I have both originals if any one care to see images I can share. Particularly, I have a beautiful buco mint collar sample that came in a very special j24 my daughter loves. She uses it often. This particular j24 is very different than my other original j24 I have owned. The leather is thicker but what makes it a little rare is the half domes spots: https://www.thefedoralounge.com/threads/buco-high-dome-bars.106666/
Mine has two thick studs in the center rather than the teeth like hooks at the ends of the spots of my newer original j24. Personally, I think my older j24 was a custom make because of the quality of the horse hide and the little extra nice details in the jacket.

Last edited:

jonbuilder

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Just as a final word, and regarding questions that I've been asked by fellow member by DM:

The RMC has « DOT » snaps, originals had United Carr.
My J23 has 2 hands warmer pockets on back.
Only the J21 had 1 map pocket.

Buco's advertising
in a 1951 and 1952 catalogues they make the distinction between J22: wool lining and J23: quilted lining, both offered at 24"lengh

I think that no one will ever know precisely the small differences between transitionnal models: 1st tag (white), 2nd tag (brown green writting), 3rd tag (navy blue, gold writting), also multicolor wool lining (some J21/22), Red and Black houndstooth wool lining (J22, J31, J30,...), Checked Plaid lining (j22/23/24/31), and then Rounded passants/epaulets on early models J21/22/30/31..., French seams on early models.
The only option would be time traveling!

Buco catalogue 1951:
View attachment 232690

Buco catalogue 1952:

View attachment 232689
Notice the prices in the attached catalogs, Buco reduced the price of their J-22 J-23 from 1951 to 1952 $3.20. Be great if the current high-end jacket maker took note

Mysteryo

One Too Many
Whitefeathers make a faithfull repro of the J21.
I traded them an original a few year ago. So they had the original pattern, and theirs look quite sexy.
They also have a terrificly nice italian HH.

https://www.whitefeathermfg.com/produkt/buco-j21/

IMG_6802-Kopie-1-scaled.jpg

jauregui

Familiar Face
Whitefeathers make a faithfull repro of the J21.
I traded them an original a few year ago. So they had the original pattern, and theirs look quite sexy.
They also have a terrificly nice italian HH.

https://www.whitefeathermfg.com/produkt/buco-j21/

View attachment 534963
Just a beautiful jacket. You know, I contacted Whitefeathers last August, and I did not hear back from them. I was a little puzzled and contacted again in October but no response. Are they still in business?

Canuck Panda

I'll Lock Up

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner