Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

New old hats and family photo...

thunderw21

I'll Lock Up
I purchased these hats within the last 3 months for $20 or less.

Penny's Marathon. It had an open crown so I steamed it and gave it some shape. Size 7 1/8. Great color.
DSCF1024.jpg

A Stetson panama hat. I really like the blue band around the crown. It has a 2 3/4" brim.
DSCF1023.jpg

DSCF1028.jpg

A newer Dobbs. It had a loose center bash as well as side dents. I didn't really like that so I steamed out the side dents and made the center bash more pronounced. I like it now. :)
DSCF1022.jpg

One of my favorites, this dirty, beat up old Portis, perhaps from the 1920s (I don't really know when it's from). This is what it looks like after a good cleaning and steaming. I kept the original bash and dents, just adding more shape to them. Brim is 2 3/4", crown is 5 1/2".
DSCF1029.jpg

DSCF1030.jpg

DSCF1032.jpg

This is a strange little hat from my great-great-grandpa's clothing store (it closed in the 1990s). Don't know what you'd call it. It's too big for me but we're definitely keeping it.
DSCF1036.jpg

And lastly a family photo. These are all of the vintage hats I've obtained since I started collecting them 6 months ago.
DSCF1040.jpg

Cheers,
Billy

Dinerman

Super Moderator
Bartender
Great hats!
I'd say the portis is '30s or so. That lats one is almost a porkpie, but with a bit more of a tapered crown, and a less defined top.

MrNewportCustom

Call Me a Cab
Nice Family Portrait.

A nice range of colors and styles, Thunder. I wouldn't mind having two or three of those in my family.

Lee

Oh, look, Dobbs blinked! Better schedule a reshoot! lol

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DapperBran