Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

New Optimo Tobacco

Rick Blaine

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Separated at birth?

Matt's Optimo:
104_0427-vi.jpg

Looks very much like this;
cfc0_1.jpg

Vintage Shudde Bros I got not long ago

...spookey, eh?

Mr. Rover

One Too Many
:eusa_clap I like the little smirk you're sporting there, champ. Pretty dame ;)
The hat's nice, too. It looks very Whippet-esque, especially with the bound brim.
How's it compare to your gray Optimo?

DOUGLAS

My Mail is Forwarded Here
That is a great looking hat Matt. It has wonderful hue. I have always been leary of wearing brown and gray together however your combination comes together well.

DocBob345

Familiar Face
Nice!

Wow, very nice hats, Matt. I long for the day when I can own TWO Optimos period, let alone of the same color.

Are they both completely custom, or is there a model name? I visit the website frequently, and click away.

I too was pleasantly surprised at the very sharp look of the brown hat with grey. Very sharp indeed!

Best,
Robert

Matt Deckard

Man of Action
Both are custom... in fact,

The ribbon from the first hat posted (with the light bound edge) was taken off and placed on the later made heavier weight higher crowned Tobacco with the darker bound edge that's seen in the pic above with my friend.

I also removed the bound edge on the first one (I don't need two bound edge tobacco Optimos) and had them replace the crown ribbon with their Indy ribbon making it into my light weight indy hat, though no dimensional brim... I'm not really a fan of dimensional brims.

So to make it clear
Hat 1 light weight and modified from original pics at beginning of thread
l_d8d1d654a09749afae673be61bac9926.jpg

Hat 2 medium weight
Optimoprofile-vi.jpg
Picture013-vi.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Truthhurts21