Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

New PER62 Perfecto ticks a lot of boxes.

Aloysius

My Mail is Forwarded Here
I got a marketing email from Schott today featuring their new 'Special Edition Teacore Perfecto' jacket, and it seems to have elements that a lot of people have been asking for.

PER62_BLK_POS81.jpg

At its core, it seems to be the PER70–a vintaged and distressed take on the 618–that a lot of people here liked, except for the distressing, with the addition of Conmar zips (including a two-way main) and the rounded kidney panel of the modern 618 instead of the straighter modern one. The presence of the collar snaps is welcome as well.

I wouldn't say this is the Perfecto for me, but it seems that they're listening to the feedback from when they did that Shinki Perfecto with a twist on the standard design. I.e. I think they're getting the message that when the fanbase wants a Perfecto in a different type of leather or from a particular tannery, they want the standard style in that material.

I hope this jacket is a success, not because I would want this one per se, but there are others in the PER line that I would have grabbed if not for the pre-distressing. It's remarkable how glossy this leather is before that process, because it's quite matte afterwards.

Madhouse27

One of the Regulars
Really like the looks and I wish that two-way Conmar zipper would become standard issue on all Perfectos! Great feature! Lots to like here and I’m with you in hoping that it’s successful. Maybe a teacore horsehide will be next!

I probably would have pulled the trigger on one of these, but this popular PER line seems to be cut a little longer than what works for my build. Legendary had the lengths listed as: Med-26 inches, Large-26.5 inches but I haven’t confirmed that elsewhere. Hopefully someone grabs one and does a review for us!

I like it a lot. Long chain-pulls, too. I no longer mind the 26" back, as well. It's got its place.

blobsterroll

One of the Regulars
I am now thinking about PER62 vs 626 vs 503

WTF this inflation is crazy, I vaguely recall when these are sub $1k jackets. Now they are above $1K :/

Tom71

Call Me a Cab
I am not convinced.

After my “all guns blazing” success with the 613SH, I was really ready to love this one (and perhaps even order it). For me the proportions just look off: too narrow shoulders, too tubular in the body, too long.

I guess, you need to be really, really skinny and wear the jacket skintight to make it look good.

I could be totally wrong, of course. What I would like to see is a non-promo fit-picture.

blobsterroll

One of the Regulars
I am not convinced.

After my “all guns blazing” success with the 613SH, I was really ready to love this one (and perhaps even order it). For me the proportions just look off: too narrow shoulders, too tubular in the body, too long.

I guess, you need to be really, really skinny and wear the jacket skintight to make it look good.

I could be totally wrong, of course. What I would like to see is a non-promo fit-picture.
Franklin and Poe got one dude wearing it;
https://franklinandpoe.com/products/schott-nyc-per62-perfecto-teacore-leather-motorcycle-jacket

At first glance it seems to fit like a 519/118. If this was 25" for an M, I'd be all over it.

Edit: The shoulders do seem narrow, 22" p2p w/ 17.5" shoulders...

Marc mndt

I'll Lock Up
Not only does the 26.5" back length (see size chart below) look bad, it's also totally useless imo.

Why useless? The jacket lands on the guy's hip with the extra material bunching up on his lower back.

IMG_8967.jpeg
IMG_8969.jpeg

Here's my size 42 613SJH which has a 24 2/8" back length. Why would you need two more inches?

1100ABF8-5EA9-4719-A5E0-EE6A1FAF675E.jpeg

And what about that floating buckle lol? A solution to a problem that doesn't exist. Again, not a good look.

IMG_8968.jpeg

IMG_7632.jpeg

Last edited:

Tom71

Call Me a Cab
Thanks for sharing the photos/links.

IMO, even Schott themselves cannot make the jacket look good on their own model. All subjective, of course, but that´s a fit, I just wouldn´t feel comfortable with.
I had one of the "special edition" pre-distressed Perfectos ca. 10 years ago, and the fit must have been similar. I just could never get used to it and moved it on some time go.

Le Renard

New in Town
I like the retro idea, but I agree with previous comments re: too long and the floating buckles are a solution to a problem that doesn’t (or shouldn’t) exist. As long as they’re listening to customer feedback, how about more varieties of cafe racer jackets?

dark wood

One of the Regulars
I picked one of these up. I’ve been looking for a perfect cross zip for a few years. Aero Ridley is ok but a bit boxy for me and I have a Hooch Hauler that is nice but not really a moto jacket. I had a Perfecto decades ago and they hold a place in my heart, but I’ve tried them on over the years and the fits have been baggy/boxy. I tried the Shinki Perfecto from last year but didn’t like the fit or detailing and sent it back. I’m really happy with this one. The leather is soft, smooth, shiny, not terribly thick. Frankly I don’t know what the heck “teacore” even means but the leather seems to have a thinner surface finish. The cut is great. Slimmer than every other Schott I’ve tried on or owned. The overall quality seems higher too. As for riding, not a great highway jacket because of the thinner leather, but great around town and for casual wear. Lastly, it’s very comfortable out of the box. Definitely a keeper.

Arnold

One of the Regulars
As much as I love all the other features in this jacket, I will never wear a 26" back length. It's too bad, I'd love to buy this.

I wrote Schott to plead for shorter, tapered cuts like they used to make for decades. This style combined with a pre-1990s fit would be an optimal city jacket for me.

I agree with others here that Schott can't even make their own promo photos look good. Oversizing has its place in leather jackets, but one has to do it in the shoulders and chest to achieve a puffy Hepcat or 80s look. Oberdoing length while keeping tight shoulders and a tight chest just results in a wannabe catwalk look.
And it's not practical for riding unless the front is shorter.

So, yeah, swing and miss. Sorry, Schott.

Arnold

One of the Regulars
P.S. I wear a Schott 125 Perfecto so I'm no stranger to slightly longer cuts. But that one can be tapered with side lacing for a good fit on the waist and hips. This teacore looks like it would just be very, very flabby around my waist.

Tom71

Call Me a Cab
I picked one of these up. I’ve been looking for a perfect cross zip for a few years. Aero Ridley is ok but a bit boxy for me and I have a Hooch Hauler that is nice but not really a moto jacket. I had a Perfecto decades ago and they hold a place in my heart, but I’ve tried them on over the years and the fits have been baggy/boxy. I tried the Shinki Perfecto from last year but didn’t like the fit or detailing and sent it back. I’m really happy with this one. The leather is soft, smooth, shiny, not terribly thick. Frankly I don’t know what the heck “teacore” even means but the leather seems to have a thinner surface finish. The cut is great. Slimmer than every other Schott I’ve tried on or owned. The overall quality seems higher too. As for riding, not a great highway jacket because of the thinner leather, but great around town and for casual wear. Lastly, it’s very comfortable out of the box. Definitely a keeper.

There you go: to each their own!

I would love to see some fit pictures, should you find the time.

Following the great review from @Aloysius, I picket up the 613SH which ticks all the boxes for me after previous disappointments with Perfectos. Not boxy at all, avoiding the “fake beer-belly“ look I associate had with some of the „modern“ (slim-shouldered) Perfectos.

Good to see some variance in opinion here.

dark wood

One of the Regulars
Here are a couple fit pics. The jacket’s length is similar to my Aeros. The back has a slight drop down. I think the Schott model is wearing a jacket that is much too large for him. I’m 6’, 200 lbs and this is a medium.
Btw I have a 42 Aero Ridley in black/brown Vicenza available ;) Soon to be listed on classifieds…
9CF7D0F8-E218-4343-B99F-20ECD8C9A3AA.jpeg
98A79164-AC65-4906-892E-0B9BECA3B43E.jpeg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner