Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

New Pictures of Clara Bow. (Taken today!)

Two Gun Bob

One of the Regulars
Lee,

Congratulations - some great photos, and what a beautiful subject! My compliments also to Clara of course :D

I hope you don't mind me taking the liberty, but I was particularly struck by the vintage look of the last image and thought it would be fun to see how it looked in black and white:

shortclara.jpg

MrNewportCustom

Call Me a Cab
I don't mind at all, Bob. You're right, the image does look good in black and white. :)

I processed these three images mere hours after shooting them, and I hadn't yet reached the mental point of trying anything more creative than a standard processing - sharpening, curves, hue, etc.

Good thinking, Cherry Lips! I was thinking of starting a "Vintage Portraits" thread (photos of Lounge Members in Vintage, only: no Vargas, etc., prints), but then saw the Pin-Up thread, with the warning stating, "Ladies Only - Men's posts will be promptly removed" in the innaugural post. So I decided not to. ;)

Lee

ShortClara

One Too Many
Thanks Two Gun, Cherry and Pink! I can't wait to see all the rest of the pictures. I might post some in the Pin-Up thread. :)

C.K.Farnsworth

One of the Regulars
bashfully blinking...

Two Gun Bob said:
Lee,

Congratulations - some great photos, and what a beautiful subject! My compliments also to Clara of course :D

I hope you don't mind me taking the liberty, but I was particularly struck by the vintage look of the last image and thought it would be fun to see how it looked in black and white:

shortclara.jpg
gosh, short Clara you sure are pretty! Nice photos Two Gun Bob!

MrNewportCustom

Call Me a Cab
Mike in Seattle said:
I'm beginning to think that Clara is one of those lucky few who can't take a bad photo...but I do miss the earlier avatar with the giant hand about to squash Short Clara. ;)

No, she really can't. Not even if she tried. Even the candid shots I got when she wasn't ready look good!

Lee

ShortClara

One Too Many
MrNewportCustom said:
No, she really can't. Not even if she tried. Even the candid shots I got when she wasn't ready look good! Lee

I beg to differ kind gentlemen! I have some rather incriminating video of me singing REO Speedwagon where I might not have been at my best....

MrNewportCustom

Call Me a Cab
ShortClara said:
I beg to differ kind gentlemen! I have some rather incriminating video of me singing REO Speedwagon where I might not have been at my best....

I said "pictures." I know naught of video. lol

By the way, the old computer is a tad slow at the moment - it's converting 461 images to JPEG and then burning them to a disc! ;)

Lee

Now I just need to know where to send the disc.

ShortClara

One Too Many
Mike in Seattle said:
I'm beginning to think that Clara is one of those lucky few who can't take a bad photo...but I do miss the earlier avatar with the giant hand about to squash Short Clara. ;)

The giant hand has been behaving as of late, but I'm sure it'll be up to no good sometime in the future!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GilbertHit