Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

New RMC A-2 Kakishibu

BotanPhotography

Familiar Face
Hey y’all, been gone a while. Here’s a banging return. Just picked up a Kakishibu (persimmon dyed) A-2 from S&S NYC.

The jacket is extremely comfortable, though my neck is still too thick for the neck hooks. The shoulders and collar are a little stiff at the moment (as to be expected) but overall it’s probably the most comfortable leather jacket I’ve put on off the rack, beating out all my Aero customs if I’m being honest! The MOST comfortable is still my field leathers, but again, that’s too be expected.

I never fit into an RMC before because my shoulders and chest are wide and broad in comparison to my shorter arms, however RMC apparently is doing a new cut for their A-2s, the Model 220, and I strongly encourage those of you who couldn’t fit into an RMC before to try it on. Fit pics coming later
7DA49BB8-7751-4CA6-BE5A-F8F4E94B15CA.jpeg
6AC70F92-820C-4053-88D2-006BF51A0613.jpeg
F5BEBDAE-5838-4417-B1BF-DB59AF4D68FD.jpeg

Aloysius

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Looks beautifully made, though I must say I'm a little surprised by the color.

Of course, kakishibu can come out in a variety of shades, depending on what someone wants the dye to be… but this seems like quite a generic brown. I'm surprised by the lack of red tones.

RMC will do what RMC does, I suppose.

BotanPhotography

Familiar Face
Looks beautifully made, though I must say I'm a little surprised by the color.

Of course, kakishibu can come out in a variety of shades, depending on what someone wants the dye to be… but this seems like quite a generic brown. I'm surprised by the lack of red tones.

RMC will do what RMC does, I suppose.
Yeah, it might redden with age but as of right now it’s a very nice dynamic brown. I actually don’t think it looks very generic as the depth of the brown is quite something to behold in person
Any fit pics? Congrats on the new jacket.
I’ll try to get some tomorrow

Aloysius

Yeah, it might redden with age but as of right now it’s a very nice dynamic brown. I actually don’t think it looks very generic as the depth of the brown is quite something to behold in person

I don’t mean to suggest by ‘generic’ that it’s an ugly brown. It looks quite rich and beautiful!

It just doesn’t look kakishibu enough for my tastes, if that makes sense. Traditional Japanese garments made with the dye have a very unique hue even when on the brown side of things.

Will Zach

I'll Lock Up
Browns are notoriously tough to photograph. This is how this jacket looks on S&S website:

I love persimmon dyes - did one of my belts in it - suntanned it on the balcony in summer, lol.

Aloysius

Browns are notoriously tough to photograph. This is how this jacket looks on S&S website:

[/URL]

I love persimmon dyes - did one of my belts in it - suntanned it on the balcony in summer, lol.

Yeah I looked up the photos there and on RMC’s site after seeing the post. It certainly looks lovely, but to me it looks like a tumbled Chromexcel (not a bad thing)—not the redder hue I tend to favor in kakishibu.

Chris_K

One of the Regulars
Beautiful jacket and excellent choice, you wear it very well sir. It's a good point you raise regarding the new '220' fit from McCoy's. In fact, though always admiring McCoy's A-2's, it was this new model that pushed it into the territory of 'I need one of those' for me, with this new pattern looking much more like a classic for me now, even though it's only small tweaks they've made, big impact. Hoping to pick up the Seal brown myself this year.

In fact, you'll notice across the board McCoy's have started making tweaks to all their jackets, J-24, Peacoat etc. slightly broader shoulders and more room in the chest, and I love it. They're all much closer to the originals and now truly feel like actual reproductions.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CCRider