Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

new Schott jackets

Dr H

Call Me a Cab
If I were to play Devil's advocate, 'Anniversary edition A2 jacket. Worn by USAAF fliers in the early 1940s, and created from the original Schott NYC government contract pattern.' One could split that text so that the NYC Government contract might have been placed with Schott to clothe NYC employees rather USAAF personnel.
Or am I simply reading too much into that?

I'll repeat what others have mentioned here...I have never heard that Schott had an A2 contract with the government during the 1940's.
And....I have never seen a military contract WW2 A2 with a double piece back. Much less made out of lamb.
Schott indulging in a bit of "truth stretching"?

For sure....:p

garzo

One of the Regulars
I also have a couple of Schotts and I remain a longtime fan of their classic standard jackets, such as the SM184, which is kind of an A2-G1-inspired hybrid in cowhide, and the great 141 and 118/618 motorcycle jackets. You can still get those for around $500.

But yes, they also have a more fashion-aimed division that produces high-priced jackets, often in collaboration with boutiques and other fashion labels. But they still make the well-made lower-priced leather jackets that used to be, and certainly still are available in military surplus stores, along with their pea coats.

There's some talk on Schott forum about them planning on using a Horween HH for a new line of jackets this year - this even seems to be confirmed by the owner of the company. Does anyone have any more info regarding the matter?

Benproof

A-List Customer
FFS

Schott are completely screwed.

That beachwear gear really loses all my respect for them.

Sad to see them a shadow of their USA legacy. Their original perfectos are the only ones with cred left.

I don't know, man, I'd totally go for those suede trunks. I mean, this is Schott at their finest: 'Ultra light weight quick drying lamb suede swim trunks in classic tobacco color with heavy duty military specified chord drawstring waist and adjustable rust proof back buckles. Specially treated leather to reduce shrinkage.'

Where's that damn buy it now button??

Benproof

A-List Customer
"I don't know, man, I'd totally go for those suede trunks."

I was going to say: "Pics or it ain't true!" :)

Can just see it going well playing electric guitar in a 10,000 stadium concert.

On Madonna lol

Then I thought better of it and decided you should spare us :D

BobJ

Practically Family
I'm really digging on the Hawaiian shirt lining on the short sleeve Perfecto. I bet they sell a boatload of these in Hawaii and other warm, tropical climes. Perfect for riding mopeds when it's ninety degrees and ninety percent humidity. :cool:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
usleathermart