Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

<<< new Schott >>>

TooManyHatsOnlyOneHead

Call Me a Cab
you beat me to it. Was just going to post. Not sure how I feel about a split back for that kind of money, but everything else looks fire. Love the removable belt. Been asking for that for years from Schott. Wish they would have upgraded the hardware and liner as well.

1650383131658.png

marker2037

Practically Family
I love the collar, lapels, removable belt, and choice of leather. I don't love the center seam back design though, but it wouldn't necessarily be a deal breaker except for the fact that it doesn't have shoulder gussets, which I prefer.

Still, some details on length would be nice as that would be the key factor for me.

Brandrea33

One Too Many
Do either of you remember their last Shinki attempt? I seem to recall it had a center seam as well …

Surprised they went back in for another round of Shinki. The last jacket looked like a mess. This one is even worse. I hate it. I am trying so hard to be nice right now. It's very difficult. I want to paint the walls red with how much I dislike this jacket. I have so, so, so many exaggerated and rude things I want to say...But I will not. I have stated my opinion in a way that I hope has not offended anyone and will now close this tab.

dannyk

One Too Many
I think the leather looks nice, the basic layout is ok…but I don’t like the dimensions and proportions of the layout if that makes sense. Just doesn’t catch my eye. Id move where the pockets lay. I’d keep the top lapel but shorten the bottom ones. And even though the stars are useless it’s a Schott it should have stars on the epaulets that don’t exist at all for some reason. It looks elongated in the toros; Lastly I don’t mind back seams I’m not a one piece back purist but this one just looks ugly to me.

I think the leather looks nice, the basic layout is ok…but I don’t like the dimensions and proportions of the layout if that makes sense. Just doesn’t catch my eye. Id move where the pockets lay. I’d keep the top lapel but shorten the bottom ones. And even though the stars are useless it’s a Schott it should have stars on the epaulets that don’t exist at all for some reason. It looks elongated in the toros; Lastly I don’t mind back seams I’m not a one piece back purist but this one just looks ugly to me.
Yeah, looks like a Piet Mondrian inspired back design.
1650385551361.png

1650385575542.png

Carlos840

I'll Lock Up
The front looks like any other boring perfecto, the back is IMO trash.
The fact that they used the Leathertogs style back but without the french seams looks bad, the center belt loop looks bad, the center seam would be ok if it was there on it's own, but because of the seams either side it really looks bad too.
The fact that the arm holes are only top stitched on the upper half looks cheap.

I wouldn't buy, even used for 200$.

Edit: I also hate the snap button they add behind the buckle.
Just let that belt dangle, i'm sorry but the concept of folding the belt on itself and snapping the buckle on the lapel looks ridiculouse to me.

eJFUFE6.jpg

Last edited:
I will spam post in this one too...

I wished Schott had made this in their One Star pattern and made it a numbered limited edition special run. Right now there's nothing special about it at all except the price.
100%. To be honest if I wanted a car coat length cross zip I'd sooner buy the Vanson equivalent:
1650386497102.png

I actually had one these and sold it because a cross zip that hits at this point on the body is a bit odd looking. At least Vanson gave you a two way zip....

There's no excuse for that back, though...

Front is great. It's Perfecto. No need to do anything there, it's perfect as it is - I'd give that chest pocket a more extreme angle - but the back is horrible. Looks like an alteration to make it wider.

Brandrea33

One Too Many
Can someone explain what they mean by this …

“new features including an ergonomic fitted back panel with added cut lines to give the jacket a nice shape and flexibility.”

AeroFan_07

I'll Lock Up
I am also not a fan. As one with a bit longer torso, I like some length, but this one is too much.
- The center back seam only draws attention to the length
- The "double snap" on the lower front lapel is simply odd
- Overall the Look appears to scream "fashion" and not traditonal motorcycle jacket
- That price! ~ :rolleyes:

Carlos840

I'll Lock Up

“new features including an ergonomic fitted back panel with added cut lines to give the jacket a nice shape and flexibility.”

They copied the Leathertogs back design, but without the french seams:

Kql5ppb.jpg

These extra panels in the back add curvature and room and make the jacket super comfortable wihtout the need for gussets/action back.
It is IMO the best back design there is but it should really be done with french seams to look good.

E7KFgUP.jpg

rl7miUK.jpg

AeroFan_07

I'll Lock Up

Very typicall Marketing quote there. "Added cut lines" = cost improvement for the maker. Finding a way to say it positively.

Carlos840

I'll Lock Up
Very typicall Marketing quote there. "Added cut lines" = cost improvement for the maker. Finding a way to say it positively.

I disagree, yes these cut lines allow for smaller panels, but there is a real gain in mobility/function if done right.
That back design really is better than anything else i have worn, but IMO it needs french seams and a single center panel as posted above to look good.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy