1. Lounge Update headed your way. Check the thread in the Observation Bar. If you don't like the light style, click the light bulb at the top-right of your screen.

New SJC 1920s-1930s work suit and other nice things

Discussion in 'Suits' started by Metatron, Oct 2, 2017.

1. Metatron

Metatron One Too Many

Hello all, you might have heard about SJC, it's a brand drawing inspiration from the vintage style we love, using high quality materials sometimes re-woven from old originals.

Things are really starting to take shape now with belt-back jackets, norfolk jackets, both wide and tapered high waist trousers... All stuff that I never dreamed to see such loving reproductions of. They aren't really just reproductions to be fair - They have a character of their own.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

http://www.simonjamescathcart.com/

I 'm very impressed by the new workwear suit, check it out! Belted back, patch pockets and you can combine the jacket with two different cuts of trousers.

The more I see new things appear on this site, the less I want to spend an untold amount of hours combing ebay for something vaguely interesting!

Last edited: Oct 2, 2017
  2. Edward

Edward Bartender

I've ordered a grey worksuit. I really like the Norfolk too: hopefully when budget allows!

I know what you mean about shopping for vintage being a frustration: I've now hit the point where most anything thirties in my size is silly money even if poor condition.

3. Wolf99

Wolf99 New in Town

They look very nice. I particularly like the look of the Norfolk as an odd jacket.

It’s developing into a pretty cool range of vintage inspired stuff. I just wish I had a little more money to spend.

Edward likes this.
  4. Edward

Edward Bartender

Yeah, he has quite the eye for design. I think it'sgreat to see this sort of thing around cheaper than a lot of the Japanese repop, and available in bigger sizes. As a rule, we're starting to hit the point now where a lot of 30s and 40s bits are just reaching the point where they're too rare / old/ fragile / valuable to be seen as everyday clothes, and repop starts to become the reality if you want to dress a certain way.

5. SGTROCK

SGTROCK Familiar Face

I like the clothes although they do not seem to fit the model very well in the pictures.