Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

New Stetson 4X Beaver National Forest Service Size Hat 7 LO

flyfishark

Practically Family
This is a new, never worn 4X Beaver Stetson. These are made for the National Forest Service. $75 shipped CONUS.
_DSC0168.jpg
[/IMG]
_DSC0169.jpg
[/IMG]
_DSC0172.jpg
[/IMG]
_DSC0173.jpg
[/IMG]
_DSC0170.jpg
[/IMG]
_DSC0171.jpg
[/IMG]

1961MJS

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Hi

I'm a 7 3/8, so buying it would be a bad idea for me. I do have some questions. How old is it? The pictures I could find show forest service workers in Montana peaks. I looked quickly and found National PARK Service pictures by the hundreds, but few National Forest Service pics.
Just Curious.

flyfishark

Practically Family
You know as much about this hat as I do. I found the hat for sale by Stetson as FS #229. Guess it wasn't given to Gifford Pinchot by Teddy Roosevelt after all.

Rick Blaine

My Mail is Forwarded Here
USFS ain't the same as the USNPS, I hasten to point out. The Forest service is only over the Nations' National forests & grasslands- not National Parks.

A friend of mines' bro' is one and they are Federal Law Enforcement Officers/Game Wardens as I am led to understand. They can carry on domestic flights, full Federal jurisdiction. That is the enforcement branch, they also have R&D and fire fighting and the like

...nice lid, tho'!

United_States_Forest_Service_Horse_patrol-3-1.jpg

Last edited:

flyfishark

Practically Family
USFS ain't the same as the USNPS, I hasten to point out. The Forest service is only over the Nations' National forests & grasslands- not National Parks.

A friend of mines' bro' is one and they are Federal Law Enforcement Officers/Game Wardens as I am led to understand. They can carry on domestic flights, full Federal jurisdiction. That is the enforcement branch, they also have R&D and fire fighting and the like

...nice lid, tho'!

Carry on a domestic flight...I'd love that one. Let's see who wants to brandish a "box cutter" when they have no idea who has a weapon!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy