Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

New Thedi Shawl Collar Cuoio Buffalo

Seank

A-List Customer
I just sold a few jackets (3) here in the classifieds and with a pocketful of $$ I couldn’t help myself but to check out Thurston’s stock pages...(Told myself I was cleaning out the closet but you know how that goes...) and there it was. An off the rack jacket with what looked like my perfect measurements. It was the Thedi Shawl Collar in Cuoio Buffalo sz M. (I usually am a Sz 40)
Having never owned a Thedi, or a jacket this color I was somewhat hesitant. I typically go for Black/Blackened Brown/Seal etc...
So this was going out on a limb for me. Wasn’t sure if I should take the plunge (it is a $1400 decision BTW) but after the wife said she likes the look of it, I decided to take a chance.

well...it arrived today and I have to say. Thedi....where have you been all my life???
Seriously. This jacket is very nice for off the rack.
The color and “patina” are gorgeous in person. Darker than what it appears to be in the Thurston page with a lot of depth and variation.
The feel of the veg tanned Buffalo is nothing short of amazing. It’s like a thicker and heavier aero Vicenza Leather, supple and luxurious feeling. A little stiff but comfortable right out of the box and a couple hours in already starting to soften and mold to me.
The fit is tight as I believe it is designed to be, but not overly so...that right kinda tight that feels like it is molding to your body with every minute that goes by.
The jacket is packed with features... a double zipper, leather on the inside under the armpits, an interior pistol pocket with pencil/pen holder, corduroy lined handwarmer pockets etc...
I’m very impressed. I have owned Aeros, Real Mcoys and other premium jackets, and I have to say, the fit and feel of this Thedi has me wondering why it took me so long to try one of these.
I hope that it continues to deliver over the years as well as my first impression.

Attachments

• 531EBC83-7B64-4CE5-8BBE-2ED6070BE524.jpeg
    531EBC83-7B64-4CE5-8BBE-2ED6070BE524.jpeg
    448.3 KB · Views: 1,570
  • DE459B75-6BB8-4472-8318-55722C47AFE7.jpeg
    DE459B75-6BB8-4472-8318-55722C47AFE7.jpeg
    2.1 MB · Views: 1,354
  • 1F419136-FEF5-4F88-8726-AE2D7D58DE31.jpeg
    1F419136-FEF5-4F88-8726-AE2D7D58DE31.jpeg
    1.6 MB · Views: 1,230
  • A7250104-23AF-4C0A-9F06-3B0F5E309DF6.jpeg
    A7250104-23AF-4C0A-9F06-3B0F5E309DF6.jpeg
    1.8 MB · Views: 1,215
  • 68C61B5E-3389-4108-94FF-A9C6D5498807.jpeg
    68C61B5E-3389-4108-94FF-A9C6D5498807.jpeg
    2.5 MB · Views: 1,236
  • 3D1ADDE7-4199-4FEC-9E63-98B639FCF060.jpeg
    3D1ADDE7-4199-4FEC-9E63-98B639FCF060.jpeg
    2.3 MB · Views: 1,267
Last edited:

Marc mndt

I'll Lock Up
I just sold a few jackets (3) here in the classifieds and with a pocketful of $$ I couldn’t help myself but to check out Thurston’s stock pages...(Told myself I was cleaning out the closet but you know how that goes...) and there it was. An off the rack jacket with what looked like my perfect measurements. It was the Thedi Shawl Collar in Cuoio Buffalo sz M. (I usually am a Sz 40)
Having never owned a Thedi, or a jacket this color I was somewhat hesitant. I typically go for Black/Blackened Brown/Seal etc...
So this was going out on a limb for me. Wasn’t sure if I should take the plunge (it is a $1400 decision BTW) but after the wife said she likes the look of it, I decided to take a chance.

well...it arrived today and I have to say. Thedi....where have you been all my life???
Seriously. This jacket is very nice for off the rack.
The color and “patina” are gorgeous in person. Darker than what it appears to be in the Thurston page with a lot of depth and variation.
The feel of the veg tanned Buffalo is nothing short of amazing. It’s like a thicker and heavier aero Vicenza Leather, supple and luxurious feeling. A little stiff but comfortable right out of the box and a couple hours in already starting to soften and mold to me.
The fit is tight as I believe it is designed to be, but not overly so...that right kinda tight that feels like it is molding to your body with every minute that goes by.
The jacket is packed with features... a double zipper, leather on the inside under the armpits, an interior pistol pocket with pencil/pen holder, corduroy lined handwarmer pockets etc...
I’m very impressed. I have owned Aeros, Real Mcoys and other premium jackets, and I have to say, the fit and feel of this Thedi has me wondering why it took me so long to try one of these.
I hope that it continues to deliver over the years as well as my first impression.
Welcome to the Thedi club :p Beautiful jacket and perfect fit, congrats!

marker2037

Practically Family
Awesome jacket. How do you find the armholes? In my canvas and buffalo shawl collar jacket it's the only thing I find a little too snug on my size L. I'm normally a 42 jacket. I think it's actually the canvas and the seam that's sewn around the hole making it feel very stiff and snug. The leather might be more flexible there.

Seank

A-List Customer
Awesome jacket. How do you find the armholes? In my canvas and buffalo shawl collar jacket it's the only thing I find a little too snug on my size L. I'm normally a 42 jacket. I think it's actually the canvas and the seam that's sewn around the hole making it feel very stiff and snug. The leather might be more flexible there.

the armholes feel high...has that up in the armpit feeling. I would say this is the tightest fitting area of the jacket, which leads to it feeling snug across the shoulders and back, but not in a bad way, at least not in mine. It’s a stiff leather but its loosening up nicely and starting to mold to me.(I’ve been wearing it continuously every day for hours a day around the house and doing yard work in it in an attempt to “break” it in)
Now after about a week of this it is becoming very comfortable and the snug armholes although still snug aren’t bothering me, but I also prefer a snug fit in leather and I only wear my jackets with T-shirts. I’m a 40r in most and this size M fits like it was custom made to my measurements. In fact I don’t own now or ever have had a custom jacket that fits better than this one.

Last edited:

Seank

A-List Customer
I’m still loving it. It has softened up significantly. Color has remained About the same so far, but the graining in the Buffalo hide is beginning to become more pronounced. After living with it now for a little bit, and after the initial novelty of a new jacket has worn off, the only thing that bugs me (and honestly is no big deal whatsoever) is the significant drop the jacket has on the front vs the back. More something to get used to than a fault. I still really like it overall.

mangothehuman

New in Town
Have you seen any water staining? Just embrace it? Sorry for all the questions, thinking about a Thedi Cuoio leather jacket myself.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RacerJ