New Thedi Shawl Collar Cuoio Buffalo

Discussion in 'Outerwear' started by Seank, Oct 11, 2020.

1. Seank

Seank Familiar Face

I just sold a few jackets (3) here in the classifieds and with a pocketful of $$ I couldn’t help myself but to check out Thurston’s stock pages...(Told myself I was cleaning out the closet but you know how that goes...) and there it was. An off the rack jacket with what looked like my perfect measurements. It was the Thedi Shawl Collar in Cuoio Buffalo sz M. (I usually am a Sz 40)
    Having never owned a Thedi, or a jacket this color I was somewhat hesitant. I typically go for Black/Blackened Brown/Seal etc...
    So this was going out on a limb for me. Wasn’t sure if I should take the plunge (it is a $1400 decision BTW) but after the wife said she likes the look of it, I decided to take a chance.

well...it arrived today and I have to say. Thedi....where have you been all my life???
    Seriously. This jacket is very nice for off the rack.
    The color and “patina” are gorgeous in person. Darker than what it appears to be in the Thurston page with a lot of depth and variation.
    The feel of the veg tanned Buffalo is nothing short of amazing. It’s like a thicker and heavier aero Vicenza Leather, supple and luxurious feeling. A little stiff but comfortable right out of the box and a couple hours in already starting to soften and mold to me.
    The fit is tight as I believe it is designed to be, but not overly so...that right kinda tight that feels like it is molding to your body with every minute that goes by.
    The jacket is packed with features... a double zipper, leather on the inside under the armpits, an interior pistol pocket with pencil/pen holder, corduroy lined handwarmer pockets etc...
    I’m very impressed. I have owned Aeros, Real Mcoys and other premium jackets, and I have to say, the fit and feel of this Thedi has me wondering why it took me so long to try one of these.
    I hope that it continues to deliver over the years as well as my first impression.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Oct 11, 2020
    marker2037, Logician, Jin431 and 24 others like this.
  2. Marc mndt

Marc mndt Practically Family

Welcome to the Thedi club :p Beautiful jacket and perfect fit, congrats!

Seank likes this.
  3. handymike

handymike I'll Lock Up

Congratulations!
    It’s a gorgeous jacket, and looks great on you.

Seank likes this.
  4. nick123

nick123 I'll Lock Up

Congrats man! That leather will certainly bring some color to your stable.

Seank likes this.
  5. Ayeteael

Ayeteael Familiar Face

Looks incredible.

jonesy86 and Seank like this.
  6. davyjones007

davyjones007 One of the Regulars

Congratulations. I have one on order. Just waiting my turn in the queue.

7. Seank

Seank Familiar Face

You’ll love it. Worth the wait. I’m very happy with mine.

davyjones007 likes this.
  8. red devil

red devil Call Me a Cab

Oh, it most likely will from experience, mine all still do!

Seank likes this.
  9. Seank

Seank Familiar Face

Starting to beak this thing in. Loving it!

Attached Files:

Imuricecreamman, nick123 and Ayeteael like this.
  10. Boyo

Boyo One Too Many

nice, some yard work will get those creases going..

nick123 likes this.
  11. Seank

Seank Familiar Face

Yep. My wife is like “you’re wearing your new jacket to rake the yard???”
    I’m like...”it used to be a fing Buffalo, I think it will be ok.”

marker2037, Boyo and nick123 like this.
  12. nick123

nick123 I'll Lock Up

Suddenly house chores just became enjoyable?!

Seank likes this.
  13. red devil

red devil Call Me a Cab

If the wife is clever... she should encourage this lol

Marc mndt, Seank and nick123 like this.
  14. marker2037

marker2037 One of the Regulars

Awesome jacket. How do you find the armholes? In my canvas and buffalo shawl collar jacket it's the only thing I find a little too snug on my size L. I'm normally a 42 jacket. I think it's actually the canvas and the seam that's sewn around the hole making it feel very stiff and snug. The leather might be more flexible there.

Seank likes this.
  15. Seank

Seank Familiar Face

the armholes feel high...has that up in the armpit feeling. I would say this is the tightest fitting area of the jacket, which leads to it feeling snug across the shoulders and back, but not in a bad way, at least not in mine. It’s a stiff leather but its loosening up nicely and starting to mold to me.(I’ve been wearing it continuously every day for hours a day around the house and doing yard work in it in an attempt to “break” it in)
    Now after about a week of this it is becoming very comfortable and the snug armholes although still snug aren’t bothering me, but I also prefer a snug fit in leather and I only wear my jackets with T-shirts. I’m a 40r in most and this size M fits like it was custom made to my measurements. In fact I don’t own now or ever have had a custom jacket that fits better than this one.

Last edited: Oct 16, 2020
    marker2037 likes this.