Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

New Thedi styles

Jejupe

Practically Family
I didn't "negotiate" as in haggle. But when I ordered my 3 Thedi jackets last year, I told him what I was interested in and asked what his price would be. I was happy with what he came back with, which was a good price. No haggling needed.

We talked a lot more about linings, zippers, leather options, and fit. The good stuff. He responded reasonably quickly, except when he was recovering from a motorcycle accident, which was completely understandable, and always in good English. A pleasure to work with such a fine artisan and gentleman as Theodoros.

This is also my experience of dealing with Theodoros. A true gentleman.

I was initially little bit put off by the fact that Thedi Leathers doesn't have prices at their website. When I first contacted Theodoros, I asked a price for one jacket and then after a while I added a second jacket to my inquiry. He gave me a package price, which I accepted.

Now its been two months since my order and I should receive my jackets within couple of weeks. Its interesting to see the outcome, as Theodoros said that they will have to make a new pattern for me, because none of their existing patterns (sizes) would be large enough for me (I have 49" chest).

Carlos840

I'll Lock Up
Mate: I am Italian! It's always been a tradition to negotiate the price in all the southern Europe countries and it's still like that in many places. It was only with the big Malls opening that this "fixed price" stuff started.

I didn't say it was like that everywhere in Europe, what i meant is that it's not something that is done everywhere and it can be taken badly if it isn't traditionally done in that area.
No idea what it is like in Greece, but i suppose they are pretty easy going with that.

Seb Lucas

I'll Lock Up
Bargaining over price is not something I do often. It wasn't part of Australian culture when I grew up but it is more common these days. I think EBay changed people's thinking about buying and selling- so did immigration.

Mich486

One Too Many
Mate: I am Italian! It's always been a tradition to negotiate the price in all the southern Europe countries and it's still like that in many places. It was only with the big Malls opening that this "fixed price" stuff started.

I’m Italian too and to be honest I’ve never done it. I can see asking for a discount at the local shop when you buy lots of stuff and I see why the shop owner would do it (to have you come back) but these days i think my generation doesn’t even think about asking.

I would say it’s more a thing of the past. Well if you commission three leather jackets at once like Guppy did I can see why asking for a little shave off the full price.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The newest canvas/ leather Thedi jacket RAWKS!
IMG_5215.jpg IMG_5216.jpg IMG_5217.jpg

Guppy

I'll Lock Up
That's basically a shawl collar, but with a different collar. Interesting look. Almost like he crossed the Levis Type III trucker with a shawl collar.

Guppy

I'll Lock Up
Here's another new style that I just noticed on Thedi's web site:

MTC-1279318
76.jpg

Has a bit of a 70's vibe with that collar, and a bit western, a bit Levi's Type III trucker. I like it.

And this cream-colored deerskin A-1 inspired jacket with a different collar. I think it looks like something my grandpa might have worn in the 40's or 50's.

MTCD-127208
84.jpg

Edward

Bartender
It's not really done in a lot of Europe and is often considered quite rude, be careful how you do it and who you do it to.
My brother has a Bass guitar online shop and is always complaining about Americans thinking the sticker price doesn't apply to them. Over here if you want something, you pay the asking price, in the USA it's all about "getting a deal".
(unless you are talking cars, houses, etc, or maybe bulk buying, but no one here would try to negotiate on a new jacket! That is seen as an American thing to do.)

It's interesting; when I've bought music gear online (outside of eBay), I've always just paid the price offered at the best mix of website I trust x lowest price. Guitars I've bought in person from a retail shop - new ones - my UK experience has always been there's a level of wiggle room, at least in smaller stores, though with the bigger chains it's more limited. Given I always do a lot of research first anyhow, I tend to ask if they can match a priced from elsewhere; otherwise, it's mostly down to 'does that include a case?' / what deal would you do with a case?' Never had a problem, but I know when to not push it...

Certainly never seen haggling in England at the level of what seems quite normal in many places in Beijing (though as more and more foreign custom arrives there from the US, it seems to be getting harder to avoid the tourist tax than it used to be; the increase in tipping expectation, which was alien to China at one time, at least in my experience, is also very noticeable).

Bargaining over price is not something I do often. It wasn't part of Australian culture when I grew up but it is more common these days. I think EBay changed people's thinking about buying and selling- so did immigration.

If you've had a lot of Chinese and other SE Asian immigration, that would follow.

Reactions: Alz

Mich486

One Too Many
Saw that yesterday on Instagram. That jacket looks so good!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Robbie79

Call Me a Cab
I have one on order direct from Thedi. It is an MTC-177917 and should arrive in a couple more months.

Seeing the pics above makes me want it even more now. Damn nice jacket in that dark brown.
Just to make sure that you don't mix them up. The brown one offered by Kings and Bastards is dark brown Cowhide
(https://www.instagram.com/p/BqrxfXQnOqg/) and the MTC-177917 is made from horsehide. I'm pretty sure the horsehide jacket will look damn good as this one!

Colin G

One Too Many
Just to make sure that you don't mix them up. The brown one offered by Kings and Bastards is dark brown Cowhide
(https://www.instagram.com/p/BqrxfXQnOqg/) and the MTC-177917 is made from horsehide. I'm pretty sure the horsehide jacket will look damn good as this one!

Any Thedi jacket is available in any hide you want that they have in stock. Their horse is not overly thick which is why I chose russet cow hide for my 177917, since it is thicker. I also had a mod done to the chest pocket.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RacerJ