Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

New to Forum - New Highwayman !

Jovan

Suspended
Lots of character in those jackets, made by people with lots of character. Great stuff.

Not sure if I'll ever buy an A2 per say, but if their other leather jackets are the same quality...

HDRnR

A-List Customer
The only Aero that bled was my cordovan halfbelt, my brown Barnstormer did not at all. I think its more the cordovan that bleeds like a stuck pig.

feltfan

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Could someone post a picture wearing the Highwayman?
Hard to get an idea of the type of body it fits. Someone
posted that the Cossack (and I think the half-belt) were
styles for skinny people only, and I do not qualify!

Sir Jacket

Practically Family
Yes, a pic of someone wearing the jacket would be great. Another poster on the forum wrote that the halfbelt was the slimmer fit, yet to me the Highwayman seems tighter – which is what I want. (Don't have much of a gut – yet.) The jacket I traded in was a long halfbelt, partly because I didn't like the excess leather hanging around below the waist. I wasn't crazy about the way the halfbelt "nipped in" – seemed a slightly feminine cut. On the other hand, someone did post some pix of a very nice-fitting lhb here, so perhaps I just have a weird shape.

(I presume people here are more likely than anybody else to forgive my Aero fixation – let's hope it passes.)

Sir Jacket

Graemsay

Practically Family
I came across a picture of Daniel Craig wearing his Highwayman on the Film Jackets forum a while back.

DanielCraig_Highwayman.jpg

The original post can be seen here:

http://filmjackets.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=96

Peacoat

Bartender
My Highwayman actually is more aged looking in person than in the photographs. I think it is the flash that takes away the age. I will try and get some outside shots today, along with one or two of me wearing the jacket. And yes, the fit is very slim. The fit through the chest was actually a little tight for my tastes, although I have now stretched it out to a more comfortable fit. My chest measurement is about 8" larger than my abdomen measurement.

Peacoat

Bartender
Here is a picture of me wearing my Highway for an idea of the fit, as someone requested. My wife took the pic, and by the time I downloaded and saw how dark the jacket was, she had already gone. The white cars in the background made the coat look much darker; however, the idea is to show the fit. I wish she had gotten more of my lower body than the sky, but as the they say in the City: it is what it is.

Highwayman011.jpg

Sir Jacket

Practically Family
Thanks Peacoat; it looks good. It is quite high, isn't it? Presumably the halfbelt goes a little lower? Aero – or rather their then London retailer, Sam Walker – used to publish a great catalogue, itself period in appearance, with illustrations of all the jackets on the body.

SJ

KevG

New in Town
SJ

The way Aero explained it on the phone when I ordered, the Jacket should cover your belt and just touch the top of your jeans pockets at the front - just like Peacoats in the picture.

Will try to take some self shots this week wearing mine - no wife during the week to take the pics so it should be a laugh using the the timer on the camera !

Woodfluter

Practically Family
An outstanding jacket! And great color. Best wishes on the bleeding issue, but I understand that cordovan can be somewhat prone to that, for a while at least.

Got scales? Any idea what this jacket weighs (and its size)? I'm curious because I have a somewhat similar one I bought years ago, one of my favorites, that is cowhide and 3 lb 6.5 oz. I'm getting curious about relative weights of different materials.

- Bill

Peacoat

Bartender
Woodfluter said:
An outstanding jacket! And great color. Best wishes on the bleeding issue, but I understand that cordovan can be somewhat prone to that, for a while at least.

Got scales? Any idea what this jacket weighs (and its size)? I'm curious because I have a somewhat similar one I bought years ago, one of my favorites, that is cowhide and 3 lb 6.5 oz. I'm getting curious about relative weights of different materials.

- Bill

My cowhide Highwayman weighs in at an even 7 lbs. I would like to know what the horsehide in a size 42 weighs. I would think it would be pretty close to that.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Grateful Fred