Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

New to Hats and to the Lounge

tortswon

Practically Family
Hello to you all. I am new to both hats and to the Lounge so all guidance will be greatly appreciated. I have come to hats in my old age (56) after being told by a very lovely young woman that I looked great in a fedora that a friend prodded me to try. Needless to say, there is very little that will give a guy greater impetus to explore most anything than being told that so here I am. I am really looking forward to this learning experience and getting to chat with the other members. See you later, Sam

retro50

Familiar Face
tortswon said:
I have come to hats in my old age (56) after being told by a very lovely young woman that I looked great in a fedora

Hey! I got told the same thing and I am 54. Yay old guys:eusa_clap

But, I have to ask you: Vlad the Impaler???

tortswon

Practically Family
Vlad the Impaler

Howdy Retro. Glad you noticed Mr. Tepes (a/k/a Vlad the Impaler). First of all, I don't yet have a serious hat so no photo of me would be appropriate under the circumstances. Second, look at that thing on his head, really impressive! Finally, I'm a trial lawyer by profession so what could be a more appropriate avatar than a blood sucking vampire? Thanks for the welcome. Best, Sam

tortswon

Practically Family
Thanks for the warm welcome

I really appreciate the gracious welcome from so many members. RMRDaddy, my office is a block away from that fine establishment. I love cigars and used to be a regular cigar smoker. That changed several years ago when I noticed that my palate for wine was being altered by the cigar smoking. I had to make a choice and cigars came in second to wine. Best, Sam

byronic

One of the Regulars
hi tortswon, thank you for the vampire/lawyer giggles, and thanks for putting up this thread- which is what i should have done, but i was too lazy. so now i can sit back and follow this at my leisure. ;)

rmrdaddy

One Too Many
tortswon said:
RMRDaddy, my office is a block away from that fine establishment. I love cigars and used to be a regular cigar smoker. That changed several years ago when I noticed that my palate for wine was being altered by the cigar smoking. I had to make a choice and cigars came in second to wine. Best, Sam

Interesting! I have found that my palate has become more discerning of flavors in general since becoming more of an aficionado in the last 5 years or so. While I do appreciate wine to some degree, it is not one of my passions(that would be bourbon!). I do mourn that fact you had to choose one or the other! :(

frijoli

One of the Regulars
tortswon said:
Howdy Retro. Glad you noticed Mr. Tepes (a/k/a Vlad the Impaler). First of all, I don't yet have a serious hat so no photo of me would be appropriate under the circumstances. Second, look at that thing on his head, really impressive! Finally, I'm a trial lawyer by profession so what could be a more appropriate avatar than a blood sucking vampire? Thanks for the welcome. Best, Sam

Well, that explains that. Short and to the point too, go figure.;)

Welcome to the lounge, and picture to follow I assume!

Clay

Stoney

Practically Family
Welcome to the lounge Sam. This is a great place to not only learn but to share your own ideas about hats. Be sure to check out the other areas of the forum besides the hats section. There is a wealth of knowledge to be had here.

Enjoy.

tortswon

Practically Family
Bourbon & thanks

Howdy RMRDaddy! I like bourbon too. Ever attend the annual tasting at Monk's Cafe on Kentucky Derby Day? John Hansell from the Malt Advocate presides and there is nary a dry glass in the house. Not to be missed.

Stoney, I've been perusing and as we say in Philly, I'm gettin a real edumication.

Thanks again for the warm welcome. Best, Sam

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Buick