Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

New to me Vintage stove questions

rue

Hi Rue,

It looks like you have a 54/55 Wedgewood-a beaut, looks like my 53 Gaffers and Sattler. I love my stove and oven and have no problems at all with the pilots. There are two large companies that deal in antique stoves: <antiquestoves.com and antiquegasstoves.com>. They are actually very easy to work on with a basic set of tools.

You may find that you like usuing the griddle for pancakes/french toast. they turn out great. I had my utility co. come out and check out my stove when I first got it. The nice thing for you is that parts are very readily available-unlike for me.

Mike

Hi Mike :)

Thank you for posting! Do you have any recommended sites or places I could call for parts? Thanks :)

Lovely stove, rue!

Thank you FWG :D

1930artdeco

Practically Family
Hi Rue,

The two web sites I mention have lots of spare parts. Or just google antique gas stove parts and lots of places come up. You will just have to call them and ask if they have a specific part. If you feel really adventurous, go onto craigslist and find a beater stove take it home and strip it for parts.

Mike

1930artdeco

Practically Family
Hi Rue,

Sorry to hear that you have to give it up. If the insides are toast then you can sell of the knobs, griddle etc. as parts and at least recoupe some of your money.

Mike

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ivan24