Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

New to the Lounge... sort of.

Shantel Morris

New in Town
Hello!

I've been an on and off lurker for about two or three years now, and have just been in love with this site for a long time. I tend to lurk on forums, but was recently going through posts and found a comment about the Lounge's recent lack of new posts- and that has motivated me to introduce myself. Because that is the last thing I want to happen. :O It's been quite fun being a fly on the wall, but it's time for me to come out of the woodwork.

My name is Shantel, and I live in Canada (The nation's capital, to be exact). I am trying to build my vintage wardrobe, but it is slow going at the moment. The era that most captivates me is the 1930-40's. There's just something about the clothing, the architectural, the history that just makes me starry-eyed. My attempts at pin curling have been laughable at best, and that is something I keep working on.

Well, I'm not really sure what else to say. So here I am! :)

Rosie_Beau

One of the Regulars
Hi Shantel!

Welcome to the Lounge, I'm so glad you decided to start posting.
xxx
P.S. My pin curls don't got very well either.

Flicka

One Too Many
Welcome! Nice to see a new face!

My pincurl powers are still wobbly too, so nothing to be ashamed of. :)

Miss Golightly

Call Me a Cab
Welcome Shantel!

Like many other posters here my pincurls aren't so great but I've found other things to do with my hair thanks to the lovely and very helpful ladies of The Lounge!

Lindabelle

One of the Regulars
Hi Shantel. Glad you joined. I love the 30's and 40's too.:) My pin curling leaves a lot to be desired as well but I have improved and everyone is so helpful on the lounge if you need any tips.

sheeplady

I'll Lock Up
Bartender
Welcome Shantel! You are my neighbor to the northeast! One of my good friends lived in Ottawa for years.

I generally stink at doing my hair. So if your biggest challenge is pin curls, pat yourself on the back and have a (gin) martini to celebrate your skill. :)

Shantel Morris

New in Town
Thank you all so much for your warm welcomes!

I'm glad to know I'm not the only one who can do more damage to my scalp with pins then curling of my hair. ;)

PerryE

New in Town
Hello ladies,

I am new here as well, I am glad you started this thread Shantel. I am into great 1920s shoes, dresses and old time radio shows and I am especially glad to be mingling with you all. One question, how does one input a profile picture? I have been trying but nothing sticks. Any advice would be helpful. Thanks and I'm really excited with chat with you all.

- Perry

Louise Anne

Suspended
Hello ladies,
One question, how does one input a profile picture? I have been trying but nothing sticks. Any advice would be helpful. Thanks and I'm really excited with chat with you all.

- Perry
Hi Perry, welcome here and it's nice to find another 20's lady. I think your profile picture could be too large in size either the picture size or the file size, most forums will reject picture over a certain size. try putting up a very very small one at first the try large one later if the first works.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
green_entrails