Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

New vintage newsboy cap

Not in the greatest condition, a little bit of mothing, but not too bad. It is quite a bit smaller in diameter than my other vintage newsboy but still wider than the normal modern production newsboy.

FlatCap1.jpg
FlatCap2.jpg

FlatCap3.jpg

I love this fabric. I have a very similar tweed 30s jacket on the way that this should work well with ...

FlatCap4.jpg

Ahhh, lab decor.

bk

Feraud

Bartender
Very nice! I have a modern Hanna Hat brand cap that is on the large side too. I prefer these to the smaller ones as they give a little leeway on the head.:)

PADDY

I'll Lock Up
Bartender
Super Size me!

So you like to super size your newsboy caps eh! Not a bad thing at all! Just hope they are up to the London weather when you steam into Blightey!

Baron Kurtz said:
I like 'em both equally. My big ol' Pendleton one.

Pendleton1.jpg

The other one i have on the way is a big 'un too.

bk

astaire

One of the Regulars
Hemingway Jones said:
Very nice, Baron, they both look great on you.

I am also partial to the big and floppy ones. That brown herringbone is especially nice.

Yes, me too. As a matter of fact i have an almost identical cap like your pendleton.

But the problem with the floopy cap is that they can become "flat" after wearing them a while (the sides bulge sideways). Is this a problem because i'm not wearing it low enough?

Here's another 'un. This is one from that seller who is selling all the adjustable newsboy caps on eBay these days. Probably 1930s ... Another small diameter one.

AdjustableCap1.jpg
AdjustableCap6.jpg

With this cool belt and buckle system with a great Deco engraved design on the metal. Love the fabric on this one. A great tweed with various overcheck patterns woven in.

AdjustableCap3.jpg
AdjustableCap4.jpg

AdjustableCap2.jpg

And here are the three hats from this thread together for comparison.

AdjustableCap5.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DapperBran