Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

New Years resolutions. ANY ?

Hi All

Do you have any New Year resolutions?

Every year I make the same one. My resolution is to not make any resolutions. I never break it.

But I also strive harder to treat folks with respect until they show signs that they don't deserve any respect.
I try to listen more to my children and grandchildren when they are speaking, no matter how trivial the subject. I call this, getting to know my kids and grandkids... So I will pay more attention this year to my family when they speak.

And as always treat folks the way I want them to treat me. With kindness and respect.

Im looking forward to a great and hopefully healthy new year.

Best regards and Happy New Year FL members.
CCJ

The Gentleman

New in Town
Love your first resolution, countryclubjoe - but it seems like you did break it, judging from what you wrote underneath!

I've got loads of resolutions to make, lots of ways I could change and be more considerate towards others.

LoveMyHats2

I’ll Lock Up.
In all reality for me, a New Year resolution is something I never really do or think about. It may be that to have a nice home, some family and friends still around, and for the most part, what I need and want in life, is about all I could want or to wish for! Could I desire to be in better health? Yes. Have a larger amount in my bank? Yes. Rid myself and any unwanted habits? Maybe.....but not going to happen based upon a resolution due to the New Year. I do think however, thinking of a "New Year" coming along, to be able to write 2013, is going to take some time as I was really only getting used to writing the year 2012....and reflecting on what sort of things stood out both good and bad for this year in passing, makes me reflect on knowing for me, that most of the really important or life altering events in life are not in my immediate control. So, for me, I will relax and let the wheels of time roll right on...and yes, with some hope that a lot more good will come this year. Weeeeee Haaaaaw! lol!

Yeps

Call Me a Cab
Not really a new years resolution, just an ongoing project since I moved from D.C. to Philly. I need to get either my own gym equiptment (looks promising), or a gym I can afford (less hopeful), so I can keep gaining weight.

St. Louis

Practically Family
I don't make resolutions as such, but every Dec. 31 I choose a theme for the coming year. I try to bear that theme in mind all year long. The theme for this coming year is cheerfulness. I'd like to be cheerful. Not idiotically euphoric or phony, just to refrain from whining or complaining. I find there's too much of that. You ask someone how they are, and they launch into a long list of what's wrong. I don't want to be that woman. I'd like to say "I'm fine" and really mean it.

I did not bother even trying to make any resolutions for New Year's simply because the past few years have shown me that any planning tied with a concept of hoping or trying is no longer worth the effort. What ever I should like to do or have happen will not inspite of all efforts on my part.

Captain Nemo

Familiar Face
I've given up on making New Year's resolutions, because they so rarely last for me.

Instead, I have tried to set and accomplish goals throughout the year.

ortega76

Practically Family
Workout regularly. Watch my diet. Keep my diabetes under control. I'm doing well so far, becoming a bit of a gym rat.

Not to be gross, but I keep a pic of my grandpa's foot after he had to have toes removed because he sucks at keeping it under wraps. When I get lazy, I think about losing my toes or my foot or worse.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy