Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Newbie....hello and hats

sandmountainsli

New in Town
Hello everyone.
Total newbie here so forgive my newbieness :)

Age 40 is coming up so I am officially retiring from wearing any type of ballcap...I just don't find them becoming on a man my age.

I have replaced them with some (cheap) Flat Caps and straw Fedora hats.
Just look at 'em as training hats and I will likely be looking for a nice felt fedora when winter approaches.
Pics below and keep in mind it's not the fancy stuff that you men wear but..I believe still a step up from a ballcap.
Nice to meet everyone.
Wp

29983_1516361229182_1239022746_1499343_8173008_n.jpg

32243_1524589714889_1239022746_1521896_7753789_n.jpg

35758_1550751928928_1239022746_1588369_7395324_n.jpg

38352_1562174614488_1239022746_1617558_5139101_n.jpg

And THIS one...I got at a half-price sale and I KNOW and would never wear it with this shirt :D

34551_1564201945170_1239022746_1623438_3075306_n.jpg

Neophyte

My Mail is Forwarded Here
:eusa_clap :eusa_clap :eusa_clap

Welcome to the Lounge, from another newbie.
I got to this forum before I ever bought my first hat, and these guys spoiled me BAD. lol

Get ready to buy a hat rack, and get used to your wallet feeling a little lighter. You'll know what I mean soon enough. :D

sandmountainsli

New in Town
Neophyte said:
:eusa_clap :eusa_clap :eusa_clap

Welcome to the Lounge, from another newbie.
I got to this forum before I ever bought my first hat, and these guys spoiled me BAD. lol

Get ready to buy a hat rack, and get used to your wallet feeling a little lighter. You'll know what I mean soon enough. :D

Thanks for the kind welcome :)
U are likely right! Right I haven't spent very much but that will change.
I was sent here from the Badger and Blade forum.....and I can tell it is a place that will lead me to buying more stuff lol
Wp

theinterchange

One Too Many
Hope you're enjoying yourself! It's like a candy shop around here... either that or a large bag of Lay's potato chips... betcha can't eat just one. I recently had to literally step away for a bit, so I wouldn't have all these negative [but very good] influences making me want to buy more hats!

Anyway, have fun and welcome!

Randy

Neophyte

My Mail is Forwarded Here
theinterchange said:
Hope you're enjoying yourself! It's like a candy shop around here... either that or a large bag of Lay's potato chips... betcha can't eat just one. I recently had to literally step away for a bit, so I wouldn't have all these negative [but very good] influences making me want to buy more hats!

Anyway, have fun and welcome!

Randy

Just...just walking away?

.........That had never occurred to me...hmmm...

...nope, can't do it!

jwalls

Vendor
Welcome sandmountainli,

You'll enjoy the company, and come to value the information you recieve from the Lounge. :) :) :) The county of which my brother is sheriff includes parts of Sand Mountain. Roll Tide!!:) :) :)

sandmountainsli

New in Town
jwalls said:
You'll enjoy the company, and come to value the information you recieve from the Lounge. :) :) :) The county of which my brother is sheriff includes parts of Sand Mountain. Roll Tide!!:) :) :)

I can already tell I will get a ton of info here:) Been readin the Bowler thread.

Would your brother happen to be Scott Walls?
If so he is a good guy.
Wp

jwalls

Vendor
Would your brother happen to be Scott Walls?
If so he is a good guy.
Wp[/QUOTE]
Yes indeed. If you see him out and about tell him I said I taught him all he knows.:eusa_doh: :eusa_doh: :eusa_doh:

singlechange

One of the Regulars
sandmountain, welcome and nice to see another member who likes wearing flat caps. I just picked up a cool linen flat cap from Will's Asuitablewardrobe website.

vintage68

Practically Family
sandmountainsli said:
Yes indeed. If you see him out and about tell him I said I taught him all he knows.:eusa_doh: :eusa_doh: :eusa_doh:

I certainly will lol
Thanks for the welcome, guys.......now to keep from buying a bowler.... ;)[/QUOTE]

Welcome to the coolest forum on the web. Don't even try to resist the temptation of a new hat, whether it's a new bowler, new Open Road, Indy hat, or anything else. "You have no idea the power of the dark side. Once you start down this path, forever will it consume you"

suitedcboy

One Too Many
Hmmm, Sand Mountain area. You probably have friends/relatives who know about odometers, bondo, and cleaning car titles. No offense meant, I have relatives from that area that individually know something about at least one of those three things. When I was teen I'd go the SM Auto Auctions with my friend and his dad. Loved raising hoods on dozens of cars and kicking lots of tires and seeing if the magnet would stick where the paint was just TOO good.
I agree with the others, there's something near to narcotics in these old (and new) lids. Just a bunch of junkies needing hat fixes hang out here. Luckily a lot of times just looking at others' hats will calm my brim tremors and crown bashing sweats and chills.
;)

theinterchange

One Too Many
You know we exaggerate... don't you?

We probably tend to give new members a bit of a scare with our hyperbole. :eek: Yes, having a good support system tends to make it easier to keep buying hats... BUT, are we really that bad an influence? [huh] ;)

Randy

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
usleathermart