Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

**NEWS EXTRA**Good Wear flying jackets take vintage authenticity to new heights!!

Senicko_Spain

Suspended
aswatland said:
John Chapman is selling some discounted A2s on the VLJ forum. I have just bought his remarkable RW 27752 jacket in a size 42L. Here is the link to jacket.
http://www.goodwearleather.com/photos/RW_06_sz42L/

Lucky duck!!

JC hasn't put a 38 up for sale yet....Nor have I seen any used 38's...I guess th folks who buy these can't find originals in their size, so John's are the next best thing. The first one I find in my size will be heading to Spain.

CBI

One Too Many
I just bought the Dubow size 46 with the shorter sleeves - perfect fit for me - gives me a little extra room for a heavy shirt.

srivats

Familiar Face
This thread just sealed the deal - I am getting a Goodwear jacket now. I just emailed John!

Thanks to one and all who posted pics and shared opinion.

Hawk_Eye

One of the Regulars
New Goodwear!

A few weeks ago John sold off a few of his jackets on VLJ and I was lucky enough to pick up a seal brown Horsehide no-name 42-18246-P. Lucky for me John and I share roughly the same dimensions so the jacket fit perfectly. This is my first HH jacket and I'm really looking forward to some cooler weather so I can break her in. Oh, and i don't normally walk around in a khaki shirt and tie but I thought it would compliment the jacket :) . Excellent jacket, very high quality, with top notch materials and and an excellent repro Talon zipper.

jackets013.jpg

jackets002-1.jpg

jackets014.jpg

jackets017.jpg

jackets018.jpg

jackets020.jpg

jackets021.jpg

davyjones007

One of the Regulars
I had one of JC's. Loved the color, smell, and look. I just can't measure and had to part with it. There is another in the not so distant future. That is a great looking, fitting jacket. I hear about cooler weather. I hope it comes soon so we can all enjoy our jackets.

srivats

Familiar Face
Goodwear wait time

Folks, I have decided to buy a doniger from John at GW ... I know he is a one-man operation and deals with us on a case-by-case basis, but can someone tell me how long it takes to get a jacket made? Is the wait time over an year or so?

srivats

Familiar Face
Thanks Hawk_Eye. Four months is not too bad, I was thinking it is more than that ... I think he makes the best jackets currently, it is worth the wait.

RudyN

One of the Regulars
I agree that fours months is not to bad for handmade items. I also do Civil War reenacting and have waited 6 months for a pair of pants! :D . I did have another pair to wear so I wasn't running around in my underwear.

srivats

Familiar Face
I finally placed my order today. I am getting a doniger in goatskin ... John said that the wait time is about 4 months ... I am so excited about this.

RudyN

One of the Regulars
The Goodwear Jackets are great! I have one on order (Perry Sportswear in Russet Horsehide) and now just have to wait until it gets here. :rolleyes: However, Ithinks it will get here about the time the weather cools off here in California so I won't have to sweat when I try it on.

Edward

Bartender
Does anyone know how quickly John gets back to emails? I sent him an email a couple of weeks ago making some preliminary enquiries about a jacket, but no rsponse yet. I'm not in a massive hurry, so no worries, but just wanted to double check with folks who have ordered in the past that I'm right in assuming due to the nautre of it being a one-man operation, it'll just take a bit for John to be able to find the time to respond?

fishmeok

Vendor
Don't be shy, send another or call- he's pretty good about answering the phone between 9-6 pacific time. If you call, be prepared to talk jackets for a while...
Cheers
Mark

rumblefish

One Too Many
I always hang up feeling like I've taken up way too much of his time.;)
fishmeok said:
If you call, be prepared to talk jackets for a while...
Cheers
Mark

Edward, try a phone call around noonish Pacific Time.

I'm working on "Project Werber" now.

srivats

Familiar Face
John is easier to catch on the phone and is very very patient with any questions you ask ... and it is great fun to talk to him in person. You clearly see how excited he is with jackets and it is hard not to catch some of that enthusiasm.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Truthhurts21