Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

**news extra***NEW A-2 jacket company launched!!

Grit

New in Town
Um, maybe I'm missing something here, but I can't seem to find a URL to the Good Wear Leather Coat people. Nor can I unearth one via Google. (It could just be that I'm a clod, though).

I assume there's a site? Could someone please post a link, maybe? Or just show me the error of my ways and point out where I missed it?

Thanks!

Fletch

I'll Lock Up
Actually, no web presence just yet. John is apparently swamped with orders just by word of mouth (or word of net), even without advertising.

Send me a PM and I'll give you his email address if you want it.

The Wingnut

One Too Many
If anybody should do it, John's the guy! From my encounters with him, his enthusiasm for flying leathers is infectious, his knowledge endlessly helpful, and he's a great guy.

Now I need to hit a militaria show and say hello!

DiabolicalAngel

One of the Regulars
aswatland said:
John's jackets are awesome. I have a Doniger on order with him. This is a very exciting project and I wish him every success.

Andrew, how long did he quote you for the jacket?? They sure do look good ! I am tempted on his RW but would surely like to get a Crown Zipper on it ! I'll keep an eye out for your new jacket on the boards ! Cheers !

PADDY

I'll Lock Up
Bartender
Well done Fletch for pulling the trigger!!

Fletch said:
OK, I'll flip all the cards here and say that I'm expecting a pre-production Bronco from GW any day now, done in "Battle Cattle," a very grainy steerhide. Will report fully when it arrives.

I get like that too Fletch, you try to keep it under wraps, but the whole excitement and anticipation of that hide coming through the post and unwrapping it, well....you've just got to share that enthusiasm don't you!!:eusa_clap ;)

John's "Battle Cattle" is going to be the jacket nuts equivalent of 'mad cow disease!!' We'll all be signing up for one soon!!

The photos look great as does the general feedback (and bear in mind, these are the experimental/pre production ones!! Not the 'final' full Monty).:eusa_clap

No point in me asking about photos Fletch when you get it (it's as good as said!!), and make sure you get lots of the nice close up detail shots too, as it's all good therapy for us sick vintage jacket nuts here!![huh] Sort of has a calming effect for a short while ;)

aswatland

My Mail is Forwarded Here
DiabolicalAngel said:
Andrew, how long did he quote you for the jacket?? They sure do look good ! I am tempted on his RW but would surely like to get a Crown Zipper on it ! I'll keep an eye out for your new jacket on the boards ! Cheers !

When I emailed him a couple of weeks ago he said he had 8 or 9 jackets to make using original Talon zips and mine was on one of those. I don't have a definite time. I hope it wont be too long before another GW Doniger is in the UK. Andrew

scotrace

Head Bartender
Staff member
I keep rereading this thread and I don't think I've missed it - has John set up a web page for this project?

Anyone have any new pictures to share?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bergsma112