Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Newsies

Caity Lynn

Practically Family
I'm amazed no one has started a thread for this movie!!! It's amazing.

heres the IMDB write up

July, 1899: When Joseph Pulitzer and William Randolph Hearst raise the distribution price one-tenth of a cent per paper, ten cents per hundred, the newsboys, poor enough already, are outraged. Inspired by the strike put on by the trolley workers, Jack "Cowboy" Kelly (Christian Bale) organizes a newsboys' strike. With David Jacobs (David Moscow) as the brains of the new union, and Jack as the voice, the weak and oppressed found the strength to band together and challenge the powerful.

Caity Lynn

Practically Family
ShoreRoadLady said:
The songs are awfully catchy, too. :)

Amen!!! lol, every time I'm in NYC I find myself quoting the movie...and singing out loud much to the amused stares of the people around me:rolleyes:

Yeps

Call Me a Cab
I am going to New York on Monday to audition for the Broadway adaptation of Newsies.

Marc Chevalier

Gone Home
Went on a breakfast 'date' once with Disney "newsie" Ele Keats (who was over 18 by that time, so don't snicker). Does that count for something?

ele.jpg

Last edited:

Yeps

Call Me a Cab
Well, I am back from New York. I didn't get a part in Newsies, but I did use the rest of my afternoon to go see the Rockettes.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
direfulzealot