Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

NIB Detachable Collars

zeus36

A-List Customer
Guys, just picked up three of these new in the wax paper packages from a nice gentleman (potential lounge member) while I was in Albuquerque.

They're Van Heusen style 99 made in England by Harding Tilton & Hartley LTD. out of Egyptian cotton, size 17. I wear a 16 shirt collar, but wear a 17 detachable collar with my vintage shirt. He even had a suede collar box (circular) for storing them, though I passed on that. ( I'll make my own)

scotrace

Head Bartender
Staff member
Mark Twain

I had three boxes of detachables labeled "Mark Twain" that were very small. They gathered dust until I put them on Ebay a few years back. I was astonished the get over $100 per box. Got slammed with emails about them.

zeus36

A-List Customer
I have a white WAH Maker repro shirt that looks victorian. Banded collar with a stub closure that I sewed a button to in the back.I made a double button closure to pass thru the the banded collar and detachable collar. I picked up two detachable collars at a gun show after Tombstone came out and caused a surge in single action shooting and period clothing. A red silk ascot (old west) tie wraps around the fold-down collar. I need to scan the pics some day....

Also got a nice WAH gambler vest with crushed black velvet lapels and a black wool frock coat. A Wyatt Earp hat tops off the outfit.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
j2points