Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Nicks boots 60th anniversary sale

TartuWolf

Practically Family
Nicks are having a 60th anniversary sale in May:
https://www.instagram.com/p/C6bhvloM38o/
1714643410361.png

60$ off heritage boot models.
Which amounts to 10-15% discount depending on the model.
Nothing to write home about but still as good as it gets in terms of sales/discounts at Nicks as far as I know.

I've been dreaming of getting a pair for years now.
One of the main reasons being their Thurman last which has extra space in the toe box and is more anatomically shaped.
I know you folks in the US are probably not as impressed by PNW boots (or Nicks in particular) but folks like me in EU are just dying to get our hands on this stuff.
I've handled one pair that was unfortunately too small and I was shocked how robust and well built they were, never handled anything like that before.

Anyone planning to grab anything? Thoughts in general about Nicks boots? In the context of other PWN makers or boots available in US in general? Love how active they are on Reddit by the way.

Main reason for making this post - would anyone agree to proxy for me? PM me if you'd be so kind. I think I might be able to avoid a lot of wasted extra costs that way.

Cheers folks!

Bonus: A shot of the brown CXL Robert model that I handled for a while on top of my brown CXL hooch hauler!
1714643797527.png

Last edited:

Psant25

One Too Many
Great Boots in my opinion and yes, very robust. I’ve had multiples of White’s, nicks, Franks, wesco. They all sometimes have their QC issues at least in my view such as issues with stitching and heal sanding, etc. But the leather and quality/construction/materials are excellent. White’s Boots, for example I think has been doing a better job at the QC probably because of guys like me and also some of the collaborations have done with stores such as division Rd., East West apparel, etc. certainly have guys actually working in their boots, but a lot of guys like me who just enjoy the quality and craftsmanship and im sitting in a clinic all day.

Guppy

I'll Lock Up
I recently got into PNW boots, Nicks and Frank's. They're my favorite boots by far, for comfort, durability, protection, and secure footing. They're expensive, but worth it, and they put all others to shame.

AeroFan_07

I'll Lock Up
So I freely self-admit to having a boot problem. FL is a safe space to admit this sort of issue.

I happen to own 3 pair of Nicks boots, 3 pair of Whites and a pair of Wesco Engineer boots. Nearly all of these bought pre-owned (some just barely out of the box itself). Oddly, both pair of Nick's I purchased brand new I later sold off.

Like the other PNW makers, Nicks has a very long lead time presently due to so many orders, espeically international orders. I will say this - thier "best" and core compotency are heavy (and heavy-duty) work boots. Boots to walk through fire with, as they see a lot of wildfires out in that area. My favororite parts are the solid all leather inside & outslde construction, and quite well thought through arch support. Nick's are still family owned as I understand it, whereas Whites has been sold (and some changes are afoot).

Any discount on these will cause a quick ramp up is orders, so if you have an interest, may want to get on the list or better yet, make a trip to Washington state.

Schambach

Practically Family
I also have a bit of a boot problem. Nicks makes a hell of a nice boot. As do the other PNW builders. Nicks does offer a lot Of options for customization, but if you’re new to this I’d go for something pretty standard, a 55 lasted lace upboot like the jobmaster, or ranger, or urban logger. its what they’ve done all along and are really good at it. Echoing what aerofan said.

TartuWolf

Practically Family
0 flexibility from them in terms of agreeing to apply the -60$ discount on the Robert boots in the Thurman55 last. I'll continue dreaming about them and maybe order them someday, but it won't be during this sale.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lindawalters